Quick and easy Morrocan Butternut is a sweet (slightly salty) side dish which can be served with any main meal and kids love it too !
This is one of my favorite ways of dishing up butternut squash – Morrocan Butternut.
Always a hit and requested by my family at least once every two weeks.
We’ve had a few rainy days, which is fine by me because last week and the weekend we had temperatures up into the mid 30’s (Celsius).
Whenever it is raining, I am in the mood for spicy, yet not too spicy, food – especially anything with cinnamon.
I kept the dogs inside. The 3 (older) Maltese poodles, Jason, Freddy and Teddy, they behave inside – just huddled together on their blanket. BUT oh, Rex is a little terror!
Even though Chichi and Rex each have their own little tent, he always wants the one she is in ! Look at the next little collage – he is trying his utmost to get her out of there.
FYI – I love watching my doggies play and most of the day, that is actually exactly what I do !
Tasty, sweet and salty side dish !
More Side Dish recipes you might like:
Connect with us :
- 1 large Onion, chopped into large chunks
- 2 TB Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 450 g Butternut Squash, chopped into small cubes ( 1 pound )
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 t Ground Cinnamon
- 2 TB Seedless Raisins
- Saute the Onion in the Olive Oil until soft in a medium saucepan – add the Butternut and stir-fry for 5 minutes over low heat
- Season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper – add the Sugar, Cinnamon and Raisins to the Butternut – stir through
- Cover the saucepan with the lid and let simmer over low heat (10 – 15 minutes) or until cooked
Amount Per Serving Calories 121.3 Total Fat 4.8g Saturated Fat 0.7g Unsaturated Fat 4g Carbohydrates 21.1g Fiber 3g Sugar 12.6g Protein 1.1g
Serve as a side dish to any main meal
Don’t forget to PIN to your favorite Pinterest board !