The perfect cake recipe for a moist Ginger Cream Cake – quick, easy and ideal to make for unexpected guests and always a tea time winner
I make a mean Ginger Bread but have decided to try a Ginger cream cake today with LOADS of sweetened, vanilla flavored fresh whipped cream.
This recipe is for a single layer cake, but you can easily get 8 servings from the cake.
Or double the recipe, use the whipped cream as a filling and dust the top with Icing Sugar (or more whipped cream) !
The cake is so perfect for when you have unexpected guests coming over as it is so quick to make, and just as quick to cool.
When we had a fairly rich dinner, this cake is perfect to top it off. The Ginger Cream Cake is also ideal to serve at tea time – which is usually when I serve the cake.
You can decorate the cake with sprinkles or anything light (because of the whipped cream topping) to suit the occasion.
More Cake recipes you might like:
Ginger Cream Cake
- 3 TB Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 TB Golden Syrup (or Maple Syrup)
- 1 cup Self-Raising Flour
- 1 1/2 t Ground Ginger
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 t Bicarbonate of Soda (Baking Soda)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cream
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- 2 TB Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- CAKE: Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – Spray a 20 cm ( 8 inch ) cake pan with cooking oil and line the bottom with baking paper
- Cream the Butter and Sugar together – add the Eggs one by one – mixing in between – add the Syrup and mix well
- Sift the Flour and Ground Ginger together – fold in with the Sugar mixture
- Combine the Milk and Bicarbonate of Soda – add to the batter – mix in gently
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan – bake 30 – 35 minutes until a tester comes out clean
- Remove cake from the oven – leave in pan for 5 minutes – transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before topping with the whipped cream
- WHIPPED CREAM: Whip the Fresh Cream until stiff points form
- Add the Vanilla and Caster Sugar – whip some more – you want a really stiff cream (but be careful not to whip it into a creamed butter stage)
- Once the cake has completely cooled – spread or pipe the whipped cream on top of the cake and serve immediately
Amount Per Serving Calories 238.5Total Fat 11.7gSaturated Fat 6.9gUnsaturated Fat 3.9gCarbohydrates 29.3gSugar 17.7gProtein 3.9g