This Cinnamon Pumpkin Scone Wedge is best served warm with butter for breakfast, tea time or an anytime snack – quick and so easy to make too !
Great for breakfast or as a treat at tea time ! This Cinnamon Pumpkin Scone Wedge is another winner brunch winner in our house.
You can add a third cup of Seedless Raisins to the dough, but I preferred to leave it out this time round.
In general scones baking, especially something with Cinnamon, is always one of the best baking/cooking smells for me.
We just about never have any leftovers, but a scone is best eaten on the same day which it has been baked, anyway.
But on the odd occasion that we do have a couple of slices left the following morning, I simply re-heat the slice and enjoy !
Or how about slicing the slices into thinner slices and toast a couple of pieces ? Absolutely delicious !
And with toasting, no one will be any the wiser that the Pumpkin Scone wedge was baked the previous day.
We do not have Pumpkin pie filling, or any kind of canned Pumpkin in our usual grocery stores. Therefore I always use fresh Pumpkin.
To steam the Pumpkin is best as it will not absorb any additional liquid. And all you will be left, is pure pumpkin puree or mashed pumpkin – depending on how you intend to use the pumpkin.
If you also make your own pumpkin puree etc and have a pressure cooker, the pumpkin will be cooked in minutes !
More Pumpkin recipes you might like:
Cinnamon Pumpkin Scone Wedge
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 TB Sugar
- 1 cup Pumpkin, cooked and well drained, mashed
- 1 Egg, extra-large
- 2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- 1 1/2 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 t Salt
- Milk for glazing
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Beat together the Butter and Sugar until creamy – add the Pumpkin and Egg – mix well
- Sift together the Flour, Cinnamon and Salt – add to the Pumpkin mixture and mix until all is combined
- Knead lightly on a floured surface (add a more Flour if it is too sticky) – form a 20 cm ( 8 inch ) round dough
- Place on the prepared baking sheet – cut into 8 sections, but not all the way through, so that the wedges can be pulled apart once baked
- Brush lightly with Milk and bake 20 – 25 minutes until cooked
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack until ready to serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 149.5Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 1.4gCarbohydrates 25.1gFiber 0.6gSugar 3.8gProtein 4g
Serve warm with butter.