No frosting needed as this Caramel Banana Cake is very moist and served (warm or cold) with fresh Banana and Caramel sauce [cake mix recipe]
This Caramel Banana Cake is more a pudding kind of dessert than a cake, if you know what I mean.
No frosting, but instead this cake is served warm with more Bananas and Caramel Sauce.
The cake is deliciously moist. I made it during the week and on a night when my son was not home as well.
Did not know his plans, otherwise I might have waited a day or two before making such a huge cake.
Well, I can now say that I am glad I did make it as there was quite a bit leftover ! Yep, not even hubby and myself can eat a whole cake by ourselves and it was almost better the next day.
I nibbled on a slice (or two 😉 ) during the following day. And the Banana Cake on it’s own, cold, was moist enough without me wanting to add anything – and I was only nibbling …. no serious dessert eating !
To re-heat the slices, I simply heated each slice for a couple of seconds in the microwave, sliced some fresh Banana and drizzled over Caramel Sauce.
My son was home that following day for dinner and he actually loved he Caramel Banana Cake. Which is kind of a big deal, as he normally does not like any nuts in a dish – sweet or savory.
If you like a richer color, use Yellow Cake Mix instead. We do not have the Yellow Mix in our stores and therefore I always use Vanilla.
The cake is just as delicious cold and keeps well in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Cake recipes you might like:
- Magic Chocolate Custard Cake
- Ginger Cake with Creamy Lime Filling
- Decadent Chocolate Cake
- Amarula Chocolate Caramel Cake
- Cinnamon Pear Pancake Cake
Connect with us :
Caramel Banana Cake
- 1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix [or yellow cake mix]
- 2 t Ground Cinnamon
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Banana, very ripe, mashed
- 1/2 cup Pecan or Walnuts, chopped [I use 1/4 cup of each type]
- 2 – 3 Bananas, sliced
- Caramel Sauce of your choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30 cm ( 8 x 12 inch ) cake tin with cooking oil
- Beat together the Cake Mix, Cinnamon, Eggs, Water and Oil for 2 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl regularly – add the mashed Banana and beat another minute
- Stir in the Nuts – pour batter into the prepared cake tin – bake 30 – 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and cool until just slightly warm
Amount Per Serving Calories 464.1 Total Fat 20.4g Saturated Fat 10.1g Unsaturated Fat 4.3g Carbohydrates 49.8g Fiber 2.7g Sugar 16.3g Protein 4.4g
Cut into squares and serve with Banana slices and drizzled with Caramel Sauce.