Delicious, creamy Salmon Green Bean and Spring Onion Quiche with a crispy – Ideal week night dinner or an impressive appetizer
I have a delicious Salmon Green Bean and Spring Onion Quiche recipe for you today. This Quiche is an all-season dish, as you can serve it hot, just warm or cold.
Depending on where in the world you are, cold weather or hot weather, you can decide whether to serve this minimum fuss Quiche with sides of vegetables or salads. At the moment we are in Salad-Mode in South-Africa !
The crust is quick and easy, and absolutely scrumptious – crispy baked cheese really. Whilst baking the filling will puff up, as is usually the case with quiches, but will settle again when cooling – make sure you use a deep enough dish.
We enjoy this Salmon Green Bean and Spring Onion Quiche tremendously, as the filling is very tasty and ever so creamy, and teamed up with the crispy crust it is a combination made in heaven.
You can leave out the last bit of Cheese over the top, use as per the recipe or only use one kind of Cheese instead of two – I like the two Cheeses mixed up together.
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese finely grated
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1 TB Butter
- 4-5 Spring Onions chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 can (210g) Pink Salmon flaked (leftover Salmon works as well)
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/whipping cream)
- 1 TB Lemon Juice
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese grated, to top
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated, to top
- Pre-heat the oven to 160 deg C (325 deg F) – spray a quiche or pie dish with cooking oil
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients for the Crust – by hand is fine, except if the Butter is still fairly hard (use a blender in this case) – a soft dough would form – press into and up the sides of the prepared dish – set aside
- Heat the Butter for the Filling in a medium pan – saute the Spring Onions, Garlic and Beans 3 – 5 minutes until fragrant – remove from heat and stir in the flaked Salmon – spoon into the crust
- Beat together the Eggs, Milk, Cream, Lemon Juice and season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper – pour over the Salmon mixture – bake 45 minutes or until set in the center – remove from the oven
- If using – sprinkle over the Cheddar and Mozzarella – return to the oven for a couple of minutes until the Cheese has melted
Let the quiche settle for 5 – 10 minutes before slicing into portions
Serve with mashed potato and side vegetables or with salads and a dinner roll.