Sesame Pork Meatballs are bursting with flavor and only takes a few minutes to make (make-ahead friendly recipe as well!). Serve on a busy weeknight for dinner, an appetizer or as a snack with a dipping sauce.
These Sesame Pork Meatballs are the quickest, tastiest meatballs to make and perfect for a week night dinner.
The ingredient list for the meatballs might look a bit much, but I assure you all the flavors compliment one another. And the end result are spicy, juicy meatballs and you should already have all the ingredients on hand as well.
Prepping takes only a few minutes and you can even do that in advance. Mix and roll the meat into meatballs, cover in Sesame Seeds and keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator until you are ready to start dinner.
The Sesame Pork Meatballs can be served for dinner with the extras below. Or you can serve them on a stick with your favorite dipping sauce, which makes it the ideal appetizer or snack whilst watching the game.
I grind my Fennel seeds as I have never seen already ground in the stores. But also I have not really been looking as I have a large container of the whole seeds with my other spices and I think any kind of seed always tastes way better when just grounded, than the bottled types.
Sesame Pork Meatballs
- 500 g Pork Sausages meat removed from casings ( 16 oz )
- 6 Spring Onions finely chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 TB Fresh Ginger finely grated
- 1 t Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup Cilantro finely chopped
- 2/3 cup Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1 t Black Pepper freshly ground
- 2 t Fennel Seeds ground
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Sesame Seeds
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 1/2 cups Green Beans blanched
- 1/2 cup Baby Corn cut into small pieces
- 350 g Egg Noodles cooked - or Spaghettini ( 12 oz )
- 1/3 cup Oyster Sauce
- Red Chilies sliced
- Spring Onions chopped
- Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs except the Sesame Seeds and Vegetable Oil – roll into small balls, then roll in the Sesame Seed making sure all parts are covered
Heat about 2 – 3 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil in a large pan or wok – fry the meatballs until golden and cooked through – remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside on paper towels
- Drain excess oil and add the Beans, Corn, Noodles and Oyster Sauce to the pan – stir – add back the meatballs and heat through
- Serve topped with Red Chili slices, Cilantro and Spring Onions
You Might Also Like: