Layered Savory Muffin Cake is one giant Muffin stuffed with Bacon, Ham Cheeses and more – serve for brunch, lunch or a savory snack.
Looking for a different breakfast ? And a different muffin ? Right, I have your back with this delicious Layered Savory Muffin “Cake”!
Obviously it is not a cake as such, but I think it looks like a cake for some reason, hence me calling this a cake and not something like a giant stuffed muffin.
By using a savory muffin mix, this saves a bit of time prepping as well. I had everything ready in the cake pan by the time the oven temperature was right.
Start by switching on the oven – quickly cook the Bacon, let it cool while you get the other ingredients ready and mixed.
Serve this Savory Muffin Cake as breakfast, brunch or dinner with some added salads on the side.
Layered Savory Muffin Cake
- 500 g Savory Muffin Mix your favorite brand ( 16 oz )
- 1 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 extra-large Eggs
- 250 g Cooked Bacon Bits ( 8 oz )
- 150 g Deli Ham ( 5 oz )
- 1/3 cup Piquante Peppers chopped
- 6 Spring Onions chopped
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1 cup Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 1 TB Dried Mixed Herbs
- 2 TB Parsley chopped
Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – line a 20 x 20cm ( 8 x 8 inch ) cake pan with baking paper
- Place the Muffin Mix in a large mixing bowl – beat together the Milk, Oil and Eggs – stir into the Muffin Mix until well mixed
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan – scatter with the Bacon, Ham, Peppers, Spring Onions and half the Cheddar and half the Mozzarella Cheeses
- Lightly mix the Dried Herbs with the Parsley and sprinkle over the dish
- Top with the remaining half of the batter and end with sprinkling over the remaining Cheeses
- Bake 35 – 40 minutes or until a tester comes out clean – remove from the oven, leave to rest 5 minutes before cutting
This dish is equally delicious hot, at room temperature or cold.
You Might Also Like: