Coffee Jellos is a must have recipe for all Coffee lovers ! Refreshing sweet treats made with only 4 ingredients (including the Water)
First recipe post .. right, most people (as I understand it) start their mornings with a cup or five of coffee. Therefore my first post is about Coffee.
Me, not really a coffee lover – maybe a cup once a month with some rusks or a bag couple of cookies. However, I can indulge in these Coffee Jellos every single day !
This is a recipe I found on Pinterest, I did find it interesting immediately, as the only jelly I ever made came out of a little box mixed with hot/cold water.
Right, so we had all the fruit flavors and that was that for me. Until a whole wide world of recipes opened up on Pinterest! This is also the best place to connect with Bloggers, food, DIY and more.
I like to get the actual posts from the blogs and not to just pin/re-pin a recipe. The fun part in this is to read the whole post which can be hilarious, sometimes a bit sad or little titbits (is that a word?) about their daily lives, or how the specific recipe came to be.
Pinterest Inspiration !
One of my main aims is to try out as many, of my pinned, Pinterest recipes/ideas and share them with you. Of course there will be some of my own creations whether it be a recipe or something else.
Back to the Coffee Jellos … loved it, it is quick and easy to make, only one hang-up – you have to wait for it to set (..duh). That’s why I made it just before going to sleep.
Next morning, I could not believe how nicely it has set, and it was a breeze cutting them into little cubes. Easy to remove from the glass dish I used and no breaking.
More Coffee dessert recipes:
- 1/2 cup Cold Water
- 2 TB Gelatin plain
- 2 cups Strong Coffee (I used 500ml Boiling water and 6 TB Coffee)
- 1 can (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the cold water in a large enough bowl for all the ingredients and set aside until the gelatin blossomed ( 3 – 5 minutes)
- In the meantime, make your coffee (if you want it stronger – add another TB or 2 of instant coffee to the 2 cups Hot water, totally up to you)
- Once the gelatin blossomed, stir in the hot coffee and mix well. Make sure all the gelatin is dissolved
- Add the condensed milk and mix until all ingredients are well incorporated
- Pour mixture into a 20 x 20cm dish – 8 x 8 inch (I used a glass dish, no need to spray with Cooking Oil)
- Place in the refrigerator until well set – 3-4 hours will do
Cut into bite size cubes to your preference, I cut mine into 2cm square cubes ( a little smaller than one inch )
- Keep in airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve
Total Time does not include chilling time
Original Source : That Win Some Girl
I did not make mine for a special do or guests – just wanted a treat ready to nibble on when I felt like it. These jellos kept well in the fridge for a week.