Caramel Coconut Bars are divine ! Quick, easy and a never fail recipe – perfect dessert or addition to a sweet party platter.
I did not plan on making these Caramel Coconut Bars a couple of days ago, but at the very last minute I decided to update some of my old posts with new photos.
Most of my 2012/2013 photos need updating. And I also like to check on the recipes, whether I have changed something since the first post or if I am still making the dishes/treats the same.
I make these Coconut Bars fairly often and knew I have not changed anything, except the Chocolate topping.
Previously I have used Strawberry, Dark or Plain Chocolate, but have found that the Caramel is a huge favorite with my family.
The filling tastes like a NIKI bar, very coconutty and so chewy ! Combine the filling with the delicious, lightly baked crust and you have a winner for dessert or to serve at tea time.
And I absolutely love how quick these are to make – only the cooling takes a bit of time. These bars do not last long, however, it is a very sweet treat, therefore I’ll suggest not cutting them into too big squares/rectangles.
This recipe has never failed and I find I need to hand out the recipe each time someone new tastes them.
Caramel Coconut Bars
- 1 cup Tennis Biscuit Crumbs ( or your favorite i.e. Graham Crackers)
- 2 TB Icing Sugar
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 can (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut fine or shredded
- 1 large Egg
- 200 g Chocolate Easy-Melt Caramel Flavor ( 6 oz ) - broken into cubes
- 1 TB Unsalted Butter
Pre-heat your oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – Line a 20 x 20cm ( 8 x 8 inch ) baking pan or glass oven dish with baking paper or spray with cooking oil
- Mix the biscuit crumbs with the icing sugar – add the melted butter. Stir until well mixed. Press the crust mixture firmly onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, pour the condensed milk into a microwave bowl – heat until quite warm to the touch
- Stir the Coconut and the Egg into the Condensed Milk, make sure everything is well mixed
- Spread the Coconut mixture over the baked crust – Bake 15 – 20 minutes and let cool
- Melt the Chocolate and Butter in a bowl in the microwave. Stir every 30 seconds, until fully melted
Pour the melted chocolate over the coconut layer and spread to cover equally
- Chill in the refrigerator until cold and set before cutting into bars
You Might Also Like: