Espresso and Chocolate Chip Slices [sheet pan recipe] are delicious, especially with a cup of freshly brewed coffee – at teatime or for dessert – Quick, easy recipe.
Espresso and Chocolate Chip Slices are such a delicious treat ! I found this book, Food Lovers (Desserts), at our Crazy Store, it was the last one so I grabbed it immediately.
This is now one of my most used cook books and I am aiming to make each and every recipe – soon !
Some books, not just recipe books, any books, will grab my attention and I will know instantly that it will be good.
Don’t get me wrong, I bought duds before, which I either donate to the library or it is gathering dust somewhere.
I also now know to make a double batch next time! One slice per person is most definitely not enough. This cake is truly addicting, so be warned !
This is by no means a small recipe – it filled a baking sheet and I ended up with 12 slices – large slices.
More Coffee desserts :
Espresso And Chocolate Chip Slices
- 1 cup Butter softened
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 t Vanilla Extract
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Strong Espresso cooled, divided
- 3/4 cup Ground Almonds
- 3/4 cup Chocolate Chips
- 2 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 t Baking Powder
- 2 cups Icing Sugar
- 2 TB Coffee Liqueur
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Beat the Butter until light and creamy – gradually add the Sugar, Vanilla and Eggs, keep beating until smooth
- Stir in 3/4 of the Espresso Coffee, add the Ground Almonds and Chocolate Chips – stir until combined
- Sift together the Flour and Baking Powder and stir into the mixture
- Spread the batter evenly on the prepared baking sheet – bake for 30 – 35 minutes – remove from oven and let it cool slightly
- Mix the Icing Sugar, the remaining Espresso Coffee, and the Coffee Liqueur to form a spreadable mixture – spread over the cake whilst it is still warm
- Cool the cake completely in the baking sheet, slice and serve
Cool the cake completely in the baking sheet, slice and serve.