Creamy Sweet Chili Chicken is so tender, juicy and smothered in a low-fat, creamy sauce ~ easy dump and bake recipe for a perfect easy week night dinner.
Creamy Sweet Chili Chicken is a low-fat, delicious weeknight dinner and the dish will be a hit before anyone even have a taste.
It is so colorful and I doubt anyone could resist the wonderful creaminess just by looking at the Chicken.
This is yet again, a dump and bake recipe, which is always a plus point in my book. No pre-cooking of the Chicken or anything else for that matter.
Some chopping which should only take you a couple of minutes, arranging the Chicken in the oven dish and top with the remaining ingredients.
That’s it, dinner in the oven and you can quickly whip up a salad or two with a dinner roll in the meantime.
Want the Creamy Chicken even with less fat ? Use low-fat Mayonnaise and a fat-free plain yogurt instead. It makes absolutely no difference to the taste or the creamy texture.
We do not have many guests over for dinner, but I think this Chicken dish looks and tastes so good, you can serve it to your poshest of all dinner guests.
And they would never guess how quick and easy it was to make !
Not to mention that you might already have all the ingredients on hand – no strange, outlandish stuff, just standard fresh produce and the usual pantry goodies.
ps: the Chicken is never dry, always tender and juicy, as long as you make sure all the Chicken is totally covered in the vegetables and the sauce.
More Chicken recipes:
Creamy Sweet Chili Chicken
- 6 large Chicken Fillets
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 t Ground Cumin
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 TB Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 Red Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise ( plain or low-fat )
- 1/2 cup Yogurt plain ( low-fat or fat-free )
- 1/2 cup Sweet Chili Sauce ( your favorite brand )
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped
- extra Cilantro sprigs
Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a large oven dish with cooking oil
- Season the Chicken with Salt, Pepper and the Cumin – arrange in a single layer in the oven dish
- Mix together the Onion, Garlic, Red- and Green Bell Peppers – sprinkle over the Chicken
- Whisk together the Mayonnaise, Yogurt, Chili Sauce and Cilantro – pour over the Onion mixture
Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 – 45 minutes ( remove the foil after 20 minutes ) or until fully cooked
- Serve with extra Cilantro