Cream Cheese Spread for Sandwiches adds a delicious spin on an otherwise plain sandwich (also great on wraps and bagels !)
So many holidays this time of the year and of course lots of leftover meat. This Cream Cheese Spread for Sandwiches is just that. A base, instead of using butter, which adds a delicious spin on an otherwise plain sandwich.
The Spread can be used on just about anything, bread, wraps, bagels and piled up high with any leftover meat, lettuce, tomatoes and whatever else you think would go well with the meat you have available.
I leave out the Garlic, or I use Garlic Salt, when I have meats which are very spicy already.
After a day of cooking, baking and eating, I am usually not much in the mood for any kind of cooking the following day, therefore sandwiches are perfect.
I like to start with a thickish Cream Cheese Spread on the bottom of say a French Loaf, add lettuce, sliced tomatoes, cucumber slices, cheese if suitable, leftover meat and end off with a very thin smear of the Spread on the upper part of the bread.
One cup of this Spread is more than enough for 2 of the long French Style Loaves.
Cream Cheese Spread for Sandwiches
- 250 g Cream Cheese plain, softened ( 8 oz )
- 2 t Dijon Mustard
- 2 t Dried Onion Flakes crushed
- 1 t Dried Parsley
- 1 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 TB Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a mixing bowl – season to taste with Salt and Cayenne Pepper
- Let stand for about 15 minutes, stir through and transfer to a serving dish or keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator
- A little Milk can be added if the Spread is too thick.
- The Spread will be fine for up to 3 days if kept chilled in a sealed container
Use as a base spread for sandwiches (instead of butter etc).
You Might Also Like: