Bacon and Mushroom Pasta in a delicate, light sauce ~ This dish is ready in under 20 minutes and enough for 6 full servings.
I couldn’t get enough of this Bacon And Mushroom Pasta last night – it was soooo good ! A huge plus is that the dish is ready in under 20 minutes
Lately I am making a lot of pasta dishes as the boys are both into body building. Think it started sub-consciously though … but I am a huge fan of anything Bacon.
During the week, when my daughter is home, I try to make something a bit healthier but also filling enough for the men in the house.
I do not think I shared the news about her getting her drivers licence a while ago..? No, I don’t think I did – well, she is licensed and allowed to drive.
When my son received his licence, I did not worry as much as I do now that my daughter has hers. I know she drives well and won’t do something stupid. It’s just, she’s still our little girl … (Deep down I’d still like it to be us to drive her around !)
Anyhow, I worry about both of them, especially when they drive at night. I remember my late Mom used to tell me that the older her kids got, the bigger the worries became! Mom, I now understand what you meant…
More Pasta dishes you might like:
Bacon And Mushroom Pasta
Bacon and Mushroom Pasta in a delicate, light sauce ~ This dish is ready in under 20 minutes and enough for 6 full servings
- 500 g Fussili Pasta ( 16 oz )
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 250 g Bacon Bits ( 8 oz )
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 250 g Mushrooms halved or quartered ( 8 oz )
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup the heat-n-eat type ( 410g can size )
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese grated
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- Black Pepper to taste
- Parsley chopped, to garnish (optional)
- Cook the Pasta according to the instructions on the pack, drain and keep aside
- Meanwhile, fry the Bacon Bits, Onion and Mushrooms until soft in the Oil – Add the Cream of Chicken Soup and Cheddar Cheese – simmer and stir until the Cheese has completely melted
- Add the Fresh Cream and Black Pepper to the Bacon mixture and simmer until heated through
- Combine the Bacon mixture with the cooked Pasta – mix gently
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately, garnished with Parsley
Serve with a side salad or two.