TopDeck Brownies are a delightful change on the usual brownies. Chocolate rich bottom brownie with a gooey topping in the center. The top bakes to a crispy deliciousness !
Of all the brownies we have ever eaten, this is most certainly one of the best ! Moist, chocolatey bottom, with a gooey center between the two layers and the best crunchy topping.
I found this recipe for these TopDeck Brownies on a local magazine’s online recipe site and was immediately drawn to it.
I made these TopDeck Brownies on a Friday morning together with some other sweet treats. Both the kids were home for most of the weekend and I wanted to treat them with a variety.
Well, the Brownies disappeared almost immediately and everyone loved them. I had quite a few myself 😉 . Maybe one or three too many, but hey, I want to see any brownie lover only have one or two of these awesome sweeties.
The Top layer reminds me a lot of sugar cookies, but not quite. It is just one of those things you have to try yourself !
Oh, and by the way – try not to eat most of the Top layer’s dough before it reaches the cake pan (thought I’ll just mention it ..)
More Chocolate Sweet Treat recipes you might like :
- Oreo Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Amarula Chocolate Caramel Cake
- Magic Chocolate Custard Cake
- Chocolate Caramel
- Gooey Drop Brownies
Connect with us :
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate, good quality, chopped roughly ( 3.5 oz )
- 250 grams Unsalted Butter, softened ( 8 oz )
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs, extra-large
- 2 t Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 160 grams Unsalted Butter, softened ( 5.5 oz )
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 TB Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 18 deg C (350 deg F) – line a 20 x 20 cm ( 8 x 8 inch ) cake pan with baking paper – let the edges hang over for easy removal
- BOTTOM LAYER: Melt the Chocolate and cool for a minute or two.3.) Meanwhile, beat together the Butter and Brown Sugar until creamy – add the Eggs one by one, beating continuously – add the Vanilla
- Stir in the melted Chocolate to the Butter mixture – add the Flour and mix only until mixed (do not over mix)
- Pour batter into the prepared pan – bake 30 minutes or almost done – remove from the oven
- TOP: While the Bottom is baking, start the Top dough – beat together the Butter, Brown- and Caster Sugar until creamy – add the Milk and Vanilla – mix well (it is a stiff dough)
- Stir in the Flour and mix until just mixed – stir in the Chocolate Chips
- Once the Bottom is almost baked, scoop the dough for the Top over the baked Bottom half
- Return to the oven and bake 15 – 20 minutes or until done
- Remove from the oven – cool in the pan and then chill until firm
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Servings Serving Size 1 Brownie
Amount Per Serving Calories 493Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 108mgSodium 36mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 1gSugar 45gProtein 5g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Slice and serve – keep any leftovers in a sealed container.