TopDeck Brownies are a delightful change on the usual brownies. Chocolate rich bottom brownie with a gooey topping in the center. The top bakes to a crispy deliciousness !
Of all the brownies we have ever eaten, this is most certainly one of the best ! Moist, chocolatey bottom, with a gooey center between the two layers and the best crunchy topping.
I found this recipe for these TopDeck Brownies on a local magazine’s online recipe site and was immediately drawn to it.
I made these TopDeck Brownies on a Friday morning together with some other sweet treats. Both the kids were home for most of the weekend and I wanted to treat them with a variety.
Well, the Brownies disappeared almost immediately and everyone loved them. I had quite a few myself 😉 . Maybe one or three too many, but hey, I want to see any brownie lover only have one or two of these awesome sweeties.
The Top layer reminds me a lot of sugar cookies, but not quite. It is just one of those things you have to try yourself !
Oh, and by the way – try not to eat most of the Top layer’s dough before it reaches the cake pan (thought I’ll just mention it ..)
More Chocolate Sweet Treat recipes you might like :
- Oreo Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
- Amarula Chocolate Caramel Cake
- Magic Chocolate Custard Cake
- Chocolate Caramel
- Gooey Drop Brownies
Connect with us :
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate, good quality, chopped roughly ( 3.5 oz )
- 250 grams Unsalted Butter, softened ( 8 oz )
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 4 Eggs, extra-large
- 2 t Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/4 cup Flour
- 160 grams Unsalted Butter, softened ( 5.5 oz )
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 TB Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
- Pre-heat oven to 18 deg C (350 deg F) – line a 20 x 20 cm ( 8 x 8 inch ) cake pan with baking paper – let the edges hang over for easy removal
- BOTTOM LAYER: Melt the Chocolate and cool for a minute or two.3.) Meanwhile, beat together the Butter and Brown Sugar until creamy – add the Eggs one by one, beating continuously – add the Vanilla
- Stir in the melted Chocolate to the Butter mixture – add the Flour and mix only until mixed (do not over mix)
- Pour batter into the prepared pan – bake 30 minutes or almost done – remove from the oven
- TOP: While the Bottom is baking, start the Top dough – beat together the Butter, Brown- and Caster Sugar until creamy – add the Milk and Vanilla – mix well (it is a stiff dough)
- Stir in the Flour and mix until just mixed – stir in the Chocolate Chips
- Once the Bottom is almost baked, scoop the dough for the Top over the baked Bottom half
- Return to the oven and bake 15 – 20 minutes or until done
- Remove from the oven – cool in the pan and then chill until firm
Serving Size1 Brownie
Amount Per Serving Calories 493Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 108mgSodium 36mgCarbohydrates 63gFiber 1gSugar 45gProtein 5g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Slice and serve – keep any leftovers in a sealed container.