Delicious low-fat creamy filling in these Southwestern Chicken Roll-Ups and seconds will be requested ! Serve for dinner on a busy week night
Totally in love with these Southwestern Chicken Roll-Ups ! We eat lots of Chicken and I am forever hunting for new recipes to try, especially from other countries.
As I understand it, Southwestern is a US dish. What I would like to ask all my US friends and readers, what exactly makes a dish Southwestern ?
I have Googled (of course, I did), but I would love to hear from you as well !
These Roll-Ups are tender and so juicy, not what one would expect to find in a chicken fillet dish baked in the oven.
And as you should know by now, if you have been following With A Blast for a while, my family loves the sweet/sour combination in salty dishes.
Anyhow, this is a slice open, fill and bake recipe – right up my ally and while this is in the oven I can quickly get the side dishes ready.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Honey Garlic Sriracha Drumsticks
- Sticky Honey Chicken Wings
- Spicy Chicken with Quinoa
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
- Chicken Tikka with Mango Salad
Connect with us :
SouthWestern Chicken Roll-Ups
- 4 Chicken Fillets, large (approx 200g/7 oz each) halved and flattened to 1cm (10mm)
- 12 TB Cream Cheese, low-fat, plain, softened
- 12 TB Picante Sauce
- 4 TB Parsley, or Cilantro, chopped
- 6 TB Dry Breadcrumbs
- 1 TB Italian Herbs
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Black Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray an oven dish with cooking oil
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons of Cream Cheese over each halved Chicken Fillet
- Scoop 1 1/2 tablespoons of Picante Sauce over and spread gently
- Sprinkle the Parsley/Cilantro over and roll up the Chicken starting from the narrow side
- Combine the Breadcrumbs, Italian Herbs, Salt and Pepper in a large bowl or on a plate
- Roll the Chicken in the mixture – secure with toothpicks
- Place, seam side down, on the prepared oven dish – bake 30 – 35 minutes or until fully cooked
Serving Size1/2 Fillet
Amount Per Serving Calories 200.3 Total Fat 7.7g Saturated Fat 3.9g Unsaturated Fat 3.6g Carbohydrates 7.2g Fiber 1g Sugar 1.8g Protein 24.9g