These Gooey Cheese filled Jalapeno Poppers are easy to make and ready within minutes ~ serve as an appetizer or as part of your savory snacks tray !
A Couple of weeks ago, I bought a packet of Jalapenos as I have never tried them before as a snack or an appetizer. These Mozzarella and Bacon Jalapeno Poppers were delicious !
I am always the first one to complain about too much heat in food, but these were really very nice. Hot they were ! Don’t get me wrong, but since I expected one vicious burn, I was surprised that these Poppers were not that bad after all.
My hubby and daughter’s fiance quite enjoyed them, especially our future son-in-law ! However, I think the guy has a mouth and throat made of steel. Seriously, he can eat hot foods as no other person I have ever seen.
I think the Jalapenos being stuffed entirely with a mild cheese like Mozzarella has helped a lot. So for me, and anyone else out there scared of a little heat, pair it up with a not-so-spicy cheese. You will enjoy the snack more, believe me.
The Bacon is a must of course ! Because … yep, Bacon makes everything better, right? I used, what we call in SA “Streaky Bacon”. This is a thinly sliced cut with about a quarter of each slice being the fatty part (also know as.. the best part!).
These Jalapeno Poppers were also a last minute decision, and I used the quickest and easiest way – that is for me – to cook them, cheese all gooey, Jalapenos soft and flavorful and the Bacon crispy.
Mozzarella And Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
- 20 Jalapenos washed
- 200 g Mozzarella Cheese ( 7 oz )
- Salt to taste
- 20 Streaky Bacon Slices
- Vegetable Oil for deep-fry
- Make a slit on one side of each Jalapeno, top to bottom to form a pocket – scrape out all the seeds
Slice the Cheese in lengths the same as the slits of the Jalapenos, making sure the piece of Cheese will fill the whole inside of the Jalapeno – press into (Mozzarella shapes easily, therefore you can push it in and press into all the nooks)
- Sprinkle a little Salt over the Cheese and press the Jalapeno openings to close as best possible – wrap a slice of Bacon around, making sure the entire opening is covered, and secure with a toothpick
- Heat the Oil and deep-fry the stuffed Jalapenos a minute or two – when the Bacon is crispy or coked to your preference, it is done
- Remove from the Oil and immediately place on paper towel to drain the Oil
Serve warm or at room temperature – a Sweet Chili Sauce is nice for dipping.