Broccoli and Peach Chicken Salad is healthy, filling and bursting with flavor ~ the perfect lunch or light dinner salad during Spring and especially Summer.
Broccoli and Peach Chicken Salad is always a huge hit over the weekends at our house. The various flavors works so well together and it is a super healthy recipe too.
I cook the Chicken in various ways, depending on how I feel that day. Pan-fry in a non-stick pan, over the coals on the barbeque or I use my George Foreman grill, which I totally love by the way!
Using fresh Broccoli is of course the most important and the blanching only takes a couple of minutes.
Dump the Florets into lightly salted boiling water, boil for 3 – 5 minutes, drain and immediately place in a bowl with ice-cold water for a minute or two, drain again and the Broccoli is ready.
If your are looking for a delicious, refreshing lunch or light dinner, do try this Broccoli and Peach Chicken Salad.
It is quick, easy and no strange ingredients – best of all, kids love this salad and even finish the Broccoli.
Oh, yes and you can make the salad hours in advance, store sealed in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
The dressing is quite simple and not a huge quantity, but the Peaches add so much juiciness, there really is no need to cover the salad in dressing.
Broccoli And Peach Chicken Salad
- 3 Chicken Fillets
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 3 TB Chicken Spice
- 3 cups Broccoli Florets blanched
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese cubed
- 1/4 cup Red Onion chopped
- 3 Peaches stoned, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 TB Caster Sugar
- 1/2 t Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 t Salt
- Coat the Chicken with the Olive Oil – sprinkle over the Chicken Spice and cook until done (pan-fry, on the BBQ, health griller) – remove from heat, cool and cut into bite sized cubes – keep aside
- Toss together the Broccoli, Cheese, Onion and Peaches in a large mixing bowl
- Add the cooked, cooled Chicken and stir through
- Mix together the Yogurt, Caster Sugar, Vinegar and Salt in a small mixing bowl
- Transfer the Chicken Salad to a serving dish and drizzle over the dressing
Serve with crusty dinner rolls for lunch or as a light dinner. This recipe is enough for 4 adults or 2 adults and 4 kids.
You Might Also Like: