Mouthwatering Garlic Butter Prawns – serve as an appetizer or as part of a savory platter
I do not share a lot of appetizer (first course) recipes, as we simply do not have any on a regular basis but only on special days like birthdays, Christmas, other holidays or anniversaries.
Valentines Day is of course a special day, and yes, if we stay in, we will normally have an appetizer and a big favorite are these Garlic Butter Prawns .
There is no way to eat these Garlic Butter Prawns (still shelled and tail on) in a civilized manner, so it is a hands on business, but all the more delicious!
Prawns are also not high on our must-haves as the cost of these are extremely high. Especially for us living inland and I only make them on special occasions. This is perfect as an appetizer or as part of a savory platter.
Garlic Butter Prawns
Prawns drenched in Garlic Butter - serve as an appetizer or as part of a savory platter
- 1.25 kg Prawns shell and tail on, deveined ( 2.8 pounds )
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 t Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 3 TB Olive Oil
- 8 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 t Fish Sauce
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Lemon Wedges to serve
- Place the Prawns in a large bowl – mix the Flour and Cayenne Pepper and sprinkle over the Prawns – stir well to cover – put aside
- Over Medium to High heat, in a large wok, melt the Butter and add the Olive Oil – add the Garlic – saute until very fragrant, but not burnt
- Add the Prawns and stir-fry until almost done – about 3 – 5 minutes
- Add the White Wine, season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper – add the Fish Sauce and let the dish simmer for a few minutes
- Sprinkle with Lemon Juice and serve with the Lemon Wedges