The best ever Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce ! Especially great served over, or stirred through, seafood and rice as well. Quick, easy, no-fuss recipe.
I have to admit we really miss going to one or two of our favorite restaurants these days. One of them is a seafood restaurant and their Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce is to die for delicious !
So what to do when you are craving certain foods and it is not avalable ? Create your own of course !
I do think I have mastered this Sauce to be the closest to the restaurant’s quality seafood sauce.
It is up to you whether to thicken the sauce at the end or enjoy without thickening. We have the sauce both ways.
Grilled large Mozambique Prawns on a layer of spiced (or flavored) rice and drizzled with the Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce is heavenly !
Seafood sauces are not all that common in our grocery stores, therefore this recipe is a keeper. It is very similar to my Mussels in Lemon Sauce, but I have made a change or two for serving over most kinds of seafood.
Seafood that goes well with the Lemon Garlic Butter Sauce :
- Prawns / Shrimp
- Fish – just about any type !
- Calamari (Squid) – fried or grilled and especially crumbed / breaded Calamari
And these are just a handful of seafood examples !
Best Lemon juice to use when making the sauce ?
Fresh, fresh always ! There is nothing better than a Lemon sauce made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and most definitely adding the finely grated rind as well.
Be sure to have all your ingredients prepped and ready to use as soon as you are ready to serve your wonderful dish.
The sauce is so quick to make (even quicker if you do not thicken), therefore making it just before serving your meal is perfect.
Seafood recipes you might like:
- Smothered Fish (a.k.a. Fish Mornay)
- Red Prawns And Mussels
- Easy Lemon and Onion Fish
- Sweet And Sour Prawns With Sticky Rice
- Sweet And Sour Shrimp Fried Rice
Connect with us :
- 2 tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped (optional)
- 3 teaspoon Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 teaspoon Fish Sauce
- 1 cup Fresh Cream, (double cream/whipping cream)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 Lemon, large, juice and zest
- 1/3 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cornflour, optional - to thicken (Cornstarch)
- Melt the Butter in a medium skillet – saute the Onion, Garlic and Chili Flakes until soft
- Add the White Wine and Fish Sauce - simmer until reduced by two thirds – add the Cream and simmer 2 – 3 minutes
- Optional: Pour about 3 tablespoons of the sauce in a cup - stir in the Cornflour until smooth and add back to the sauce - simmer, stirring continuously for another minute until thickened
- Remove from heat – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper – stir through the Lemon Juice, finely grated Zest and Parsley
- Serve immediately
Yield1 1/4 cup
Serving Size1 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 1419Total Fat 110gSaturated Fat 69gTrans Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 33gCholesterol 330mgSodium 1296mgCarbohydrates 65gFiber 6gSugar 44gProtein 11g
Nutrition value is not always accurate