Strawberry Mousse is one of the easiest desserts to make in advance. Ideal to serve as an everyday dessert, but especially great on Valentine’s Day !
Our family loves strawberry, anything strawberry !
Looking around the internet, at all the different types of recipes – from salads to desserts – confirms that it is not only us, but strawberries might be right on the heels of chocolate in popularity.
This Strawberry Mousse is light and another melt-in-the-mouth delicacy.
What I like about this recipe, is that one can make this even during out of strawberry season. The only fresh strawberries needed, are for decorating, not flavor.
And when it comes to decorating, you can use one or two strawberries from a can if there are no fresh strawberries around. Or even whipped cream and sprinkles.
More Strawberry recipes you might like (sweet and savory):
- Strawberry Krispie Hearts
- Feta and Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Strawberry Cream Pastries
- Strawberry Apple and Blue Cheese Salad
- Layered Strawberry Pudding Cups
Strawberry Mousse is one of the easiest desserts to make in advance. Ideal to serve as an everyday dessert, but especially great on Valentine's Day !
- 1 box Strawberry Jello (4 serving size)
- 1/2 cup Boiling Water
- 1/2 cup Ice Cold Water
- 1 cup Evaporated Milk, chilled overnight in the refrigerator
- 2 TB Sugar
- 2 TB Strawberry Jam (or Jelly)
- 4 Fresh Strawberries, to decorate (canned if fresh is bot available)
- 4 Green Wafer Leaves, to decorate (or Mint leaves)
- Dissolve the Jello in the Boiling Water – add the Cold Water, stir and set aside
- Beat the Evaporated Milk until thick and stiff – add the Jello, slowly whilst beating continuously
- Add the Sugar and Strawberry Jam – beat on high for 5 minutes, scraping the sides regularly
- Pour into serving glasses/dishes and chill in the refrigerator until set
- Decorate with the Strawberries and Wafers just before serving
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Servings Serving Size 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 181Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 18mgSodium 114mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 1gSugar 24gProtein 5g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Wednesday 28th of July 2021
How long does this keep in the fridge?
Wednesday 28th of July 2021
Celeste, the strawberry mousse can be kept in the refrigerator for 2 - 3 days (not decorated) I normally cover the mousse with clingfilm as well if leaving that long in the refrigerator
Monday 24th of March 2014
Hi there, do you think this would work with coconut milk as I cant have any dairy? Thanks. Vanessa
Friday 7th of February 2014
This looks amazing!
Thanks for linking up with us at Tell Me About It Tuesday! I hope you hop over again next week.SaraSweetsillysara@gmail.comhttp://www.sweetsillysara.com/2014/02/tell-me-about-it-tuesday-4.html
Tuesday 4th of February 2014
this looks so good. I love strawberries. Thanks for linking up at Tell Me About It Tuesday. We hope you hop over and share with us again next week.
Kathryn Ferguson Griffin
Monday 3rd of February 2014
This looks so good and refreshing! Thank you for sharing. You will be one of the features tomorrow at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse