Delicious, refreshing Strawberry Apple and Blue Cheese Salad is ideal to serve with any kind of main meal – easy to make using standard pantry ingredients
Strawberry Apple and Blue Cheese Salad has a little of everything in it, fruits, cheese, nuts, herbs to name a only a few.
I love the combination of the fruits and the savory bits in this salad, especially the Blue Cheese and I have never really been a fan of Blue Cheese.
Little by little, recipe by recipe, I have come to absolutely and totally love Blue Cheese – in a salad, a creamy dip or mixed in with a good pasta.
With this delicious, fruity salad you also get loads of different textures all mixed in one, crunchy, creamy, bursting soft and the dressing is to die for divine.
Walnut Oil or Macadamia Oil ?
I used Macadamia Oil this time round as I had run out of Walnut Oil and even though the taste is slightly different, it is still a delicious variation.
Next time I make the salad, I might use Walnut Oil, or the Macadamia again – really no drastic difference unless you have a distinct distaste of one or the other.
We are nearing the two to three week period when we normally have no fresh Strawberries available in the stores.
And I still plan to get a load full of strawberry related recipes on the table. Strawberries are the one fruit I always buy when we go shopping, whether on the list or not !
I have more than enough ways to use them in. I doubt I will buy some immediately after the new season start for strawberries to hit the shelves as the first two weeks or so, the prices are crazy !
Not all kids, and some adults, like the taste of Blue Cheese (unfortunately!), but you can always use any strong cheese, like a mature Cheddar, instead.
The salad does need that tiny bit of strong, savory taste to bring out all the other flavors as best as can be.
More Salad recipes you might like:
Strawberry Apple and Blue Cheese Salad
- 2 cups Mixed Baby Salad Leaves
- Handful Celery Leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup Italian Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 large Red Apple, cored, halved and sliced thinly
- 1 TB Lemon Juice
- 2 cups Strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 cup Blue Cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup Walnut Oil (or Macadamia Oil)
- 2 TB White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TB Sugar
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Arrange the Salad Leaves, Celery Leaves, Parsley and Basil in a serving bowl
- Sprinkle the Apple slices with the Lemon Juice
- Toss together the Apples and Strawberries – arrange over the Leaves and Herbs
- Sprinkle over the Walnuts and the Blue Cheese
- Mix together the Walnut Oil, Vinegar, Sugar and season to taste with Salt and Pepper – drizzle over the Salad when ready to serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 193.9 Total Fat 16.6g Saturated Fat 2.8g Unsaturated Fat 12.8g Carbohydrates 9.5g Fiber 1.9g Sugar 6.7g Protein 3.2g
Serve the salad with any meat, poultry or seafood and a crunchy dinner roll on the side.