Easy Banana Donuts – How to make your own Banana Donuts ~ perfect recipe for Donut making beginners and the recipe never fails !
I have never made Donuts other than in my little Donut maker and thought it would be a great idea to learn how to make them myself !
Thinking the Donut maker is a bit of cheating. Well, can not help if technology helps us through some difficulties, right?
Anyhow, I wanted to make the old-fashioned, somewhat oily donuts. With only a simple topping and these easy Banana Donuts fit the bill perfectly.
For a beginner in making Donuts, this is the ideal recipe ! Now I am not planning on keeping the beginner status for too long, since my first batch was such a success.
Some more deep-fried Donuts in the near future and then I will move on to the healthier, baked Donuts.
Today’s post would have been something else. But I learned this morning that it is National Donut Day in the United States.
And also where most of my readers are from, so at the last minute, I decided to post this recipe for easy Banana Donuts instead.
I could not possibly be the only one whom have never made the old-fashioned Donuts (not yeast based, which I believe a proper Donut is made of).
Well, I certainly hope I am not the only one living under a rock, or rather hiding behind a rock as I had always been afraid of making these from scratch, deep-fried and the whole caboodle.
Right, why Banana ? I love Banana desserts and I know Banana adds a lot of moistness to just about any baked or fried desserts.
Seeing as I first decided on the simplest topping ever, this all worked out fine. Moist, soft and flavorful Banana Donuts, with a slightly crispy outer, which are quick and easy to make. Absolutely ideal for us first time Donut makers !
Easy Banana Desserts :
- Banana Pudding Cake
- Banana Caramel Cake
- Caramel Banana Cake
- Banana Soft Serve
- Moist Chocolate Banana Bread
Easy Banana Donuts
- 1 extra-large Egg
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 3 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 TB Baking Powder
- 1 t Salt
- 1/4 t Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 t Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 t Ground Cloves
- 1 cup Bananas mashed
- 2 TB Lemon Juice
- Oil for deep-fry
- Cinnamon Sugar for topping
- Beat together the Egg, Sugar and Butter in a small bowl
- In a larger bowl, sift together the Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and Cloves
- Stir in the Lemon Juice to the mashed Bananas – add the Bananas, alternatively with the Egg mixture, to the dry ingredients – mix until just combined – the dough should be easy to handle (if not, add little by little extra Flour until you are happy)
- Sprinkle extra Flour onto the surface where you plan to roll out the dough – Roll out the dough to a thickness of about 7.5mm – 10mm ( 2 1/2 – 4 inch ) – use a cookie cutter to cut out rounds and then a smaller cookie cutter to cut out the Donut hole
- Heat the Oil to medium and fry 3 – 4 Donuts at a time until golden and cooked (it takes only 3- 4 minutes per batch) – turn over as soon as the Donut turns golden on the bottom – place on paper towel to drain and then press one side into Cinnamon Sugar
Serve warm or cold – but I am sure I need not tell you how to enjoy a Donut !