Oreo Funfetti Cake Bars have a gooey Oreo cookie crust with a soft Funfetti cake topping. Great idea to use a box of Funfetti cake mix !
These Funfetti Cake Bars are a little different than the usual Funfetti cake.
The cake bars start off with a delicious, gooey Oreo crust, topped with Funfetti cake and finally a White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.
I was craving a sweet treat the other day and could not make up my mind between an Oreo based pie or a cake. The Funfetti Cake Bars with an Oreo crust were born !
It is a deliciously different kind of treat with the combination of the Oreo crust and the feather light Funfetti cake (made from a Cake Mix!).
I am no good with decorating cakes or cupcakes with frosting. Therefore decided to use the White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting as a spread and not try and pipe it over. Piping frosting does sometimes work for me, but usually not.
These bars would make a delicious tea time treat, party snack or for dessert.
It is also a quick and easy recipe with no strange ingredients or complicated steps.
Now, are you ready for some gooey crust, moist cake and creamy frosting all in one sweet treat ? Yeah, thought so, otherwise you wouldn’t be here, right !
More Cake recipes you might like:
- Amarula Chocolate Caramel Cake
- Magic Chocolate Custard Cake
- Orange Juice Cake
- Divine Coconut Cake
- Chocolate Orange Marble Cake
Connect with us :
Oreo Funfetti Cake Bars
- 20 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs, extra-large
- 250 grams Cream Cheese, softened ( 8 oz )
- 1/2 t Vanilla Essence
- 100 grams White Chocolate, broken ( 3 oz )
- 3 1/2 cups Icing Sugar ( Powdered Sugar )
- Sprinkles, to decorate, optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30cm ( 8 x 12 inch ) oven dish or cake pan with cooking oil
- Combine the Oreo cookies and the melted Butter – press onto the bottom of the prepared dish/pan
- Place the Cake mix in a mixing bowl, add the Water, Oil and Eggs and whisk into a batter - transfer to the prepared oven dish or cake pan and bake 30 minutes or until a tester comes out clean
- Remove from the oven – let cool completely in the dish/pan
- Meanwhile, prepare the Frosting – Beat together the Cream Cheese and Vanilla – melt the White Chocolate and slowly add to the Cream Cheese whilst beating continuously – add the Icing Sugar and beat until smooth
- Frost the baked cake, sprinkle over the Sprinkles and cut into bars
- Check cake mix box for correct baking times (as well as ingredients) as different brands might differ in time/ingredients given
Serving Size1 Bar
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 43mgSodium 244mgCarbohydrates 44gFiber 1gSugar 32gProtein 3g
Nutrition value is not always accurate