One-Step Ham Casserole is the perfect recipe to use up any leftover ham and this dump-n-bake pasta casserole is so quick and easy to make – dinner on the table in a flash !
Who doesn’t like dinner which you basically dump into a large oven dish, bake and it turns out delicious as well ..?
I am definitely a huge fan of recipes like this One-Step Ham Casserole, especially after spending the afternoon shopping with my son!
Actually, we I had loads of fun. We had to get some more paint and timber for even more stuff for his new room and I just love spending someone else’s money!
Yes, bad, bad mother, I know, but he wants the room modified, therefore I think it’s just right that he pays for it.
So far, I gave my hubby some plans for a desk to build and paint, which is done, I gave his desk chair a make-over. And am halfway with a new headboard but now I am stuck on a paint design, ugh.
We must still make a key holder which can be put against the wall (he is forever misplacing his keys), two more wall cubes to be build and painted (to match my old store-bought cube).
And there is even more just to finish the bedroom part – thereafter, we will take on the tiny bathroom.
Anyway, we got home late afternoon, and I did not have a lot of time preparing a filling and delicious meal. But then I remembered printing a recipe from BHG the other day and Voila!
After adapting the recipe a little – dinner was ready in no time at all and best of all, everyone gave it a nod of approval.
One-Step Ham Casserole
- 3 cups Milk
- 2 cans (400g ea) Cream of Asparagus Soup (the heat-and-eat type)
- 4 cups Cooked Ham cubed
- 3 cups Macaroni
- 2 cans (285g ea) Sliced Mushrooms drained
- 1/4 cup Mild Sweet Peppadews chopped
- 1 cup Onion chopped
- 2 t Celery Salt
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese grated
- Pre-heat oven to 200 deg C (375 deg F) – use a large, deep oven dish – add the Milk and Soup first, stir to combine – add all the remaining ingredients, except the Cheddar cheese – bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until the Macaroni is soft – sprinkle the Cheddar cheese over – bake another 10 minutes until the cheese has melted
Recipe source: BHG
Remove from oven, leave to stand 5 – 10 minutes and serve !
You Might Also Like: