One-Pot Pork Chop and Rice Casserole is an all in one Dinner with tender, juicy Pork Chops, vegetables and tomato rice [easy oven baked recipe]
One pot meals are my absolute favorite dinners to prepare. Not only less dishes to wash, but the complete meal is cooked and ready at the same time.
I use bone-in pork chops in this One-Pot Pork Chop and Rice Casserole, as well as boneless. I especially use boneless chops when I have more people for dinner, as more chops fit into a large dish.
The chops are always juicy and tender and all the juices mix in with the rice and vegetables on the bottom. And this makes it one delicious combination of meat, rice and vegetables.
You can easily fit in around 12 ( 150 grams each / 5 oz ) boneless pork chops, which is then enough for 8 adults. I also up my rice to two cups when I have a lot of mouths to feed.
Remember to add more chicken stock as well, should you decide to increase the rice. Adding an additional cup does the trick.
The lemon wedges are wonderful served with the dish, so if you have any, do add them. But if not, still a delicious casserole !
More Pork recipes you might like for dinner:
- Creamy Skillet Pork Chops
- 1000 Island Tangy Pork Chops
- Balsamic Roasted Pork and Berry Salad
- Sticky Pork Belly (Asian Inspired)
- Pork Vindaloo
Connect with us :
One-Pot Pork Chop and Rice Casserole
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice, white or brown
- 1 can (410g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 8 Black Kalamata Olives, halved
- 4 t Garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup Light Olive Oil, divided
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/2 t Black Pepper
- 6 Pork Chops, boneless, visible fat removed (each approx 200 grams / 7 oz )
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine (or use more Stock)
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- Lemon Wedges, to serve (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a large oven dish with a lid, with cooking oil
- Place the Onion, Green Pepper, Rice, Tomatoes and Olives in the prepared oven dish – stir to mix
- Combine half the Olive Oil, Garlic, Salt and Pepper in a small bowl – brush over the Pork Chops
- Heat the remaining Olive Oil in a skillet – brown both sides of the Pork Chops
- Arrange the Pork Chops on top of the Vegetable/Rice mixture in the oven dish
- Mix the Wine and Chicken Stock and pour over the Pork Chops – cover and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven – add the Peas and return to the oven, uncovered – bake another 15 minutes or until the Pork Chops and the Rice are fully cooked
- Serve with Lemon wedges (optional)
- Nutrition value isn't always accurate
Amount Per Serving Calories 564.2 Total Fat 20.1g Saturated Fat 5.1g Unsaturated Fat 8.1g Carbohydrates 48.6g Fiber 2.3g Sugar 5.1g Protein 42.6g
Serve with Lemon Wedges (optional), dinner rolls and a side salad.