Homemade Mushroom Sauce for Steak is the best and this recipe is so quick and easy. Definitely one to go into your recipe collection !
Mushroom Sauce is and will always be a number one to serve with steaks. This sauce can also be used on burgers or on vegetables such as cauliflower.
The steaks are tender and melt in the mouth with this simple dunk and roast method. I would however advise not to use a cheap cut and expect miracles !
Since I can remember, I have always ordered a Mushroom Sauce with my steak at any steakhouse we had dinner at. Hubby would normally have a pepper sauce (at a restaurant).
But, I have noticed that most restaurants’ sauces are not what they used to be. The sauce is either without any trace of mushrooms and only tastes like mushroom sauce.
Or the sauces are so watery, it really is not worth the bit of extra money, however insignificant, which is charged as an extra.
The only restaurants where you might find me ordering a steak with Mushroom Sauce would be a classy, usually 5 star restaurant. And that only happens in a blue moon that we actually eat at such expensive places !
However, small and mostly, family owned restaurants, serves the most delicious sauces. All goes about customer care in the end in my humble opinion.
I get a craving for steak quite often, yeah, I know red meat and all that, but still ! To whip up a batch of this homemade Mushroom Sauce for steaks is so much better AND you know exactly what is in it.
No need to make your steaks the way I have below, you can roast, fry, barbecue or cook the steaks any way you like, using any marinade or none at all.
More Sauce and Marinade recipes you might like:
Mushroom Sauce For Steak
- 3 TB Olive Oil
- 1 TB Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 TB Muscovado Brown Sugar (or any soft brown sugar)
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 4 Beef Steaks (your choice - Rump, Sirloin, Fillet etc)
- 3 TB Unsalted Butter
- 1 small Onion, chopped finely
- 1 TB Garlic, crushed
- 250 g Mushrooms, sliced ( 8 oz )
- 1/4 cup White Wine (or chicken stock)
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- STEAK: Combine the Olive Oil, Vinegar, Brown Sugar and Salt and Pepper – pour onto a flat plate – Dip the steaks on both sides – cook the Steaks (any method) until done to you preference
- MUSHROOM SAUCE: Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet – add the Onion and Garlic – saute until soft and golden
- Add the Mushrooms, cook until it starts to brown – add the Wine (or Stock) -stir and season with Salt and Pepper
- Finally stir in the Cream and simmer until thick - serve with the steaks immediately
- Nutrition value based on 4 x 200 gram ( 7 oz each ) lean sirloin steaks
Amount Per Serving Calories 634.2Total Fat 43.5gSaturated Fat 19.6gUnsaturated Fat 12.8gCholesterol 104.8mgSodium 29.2mgCarbohydrates 9.5gFiber 1.1gSugar 3.9gProtein 51.6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate