Chicken and Mushroom Enchiladas are perfect for all year round dinners. Stuffed with Chicken, Mushrooms and two Cheeses, whilst topped with more Cheese !
My family always enjoy a Mexican dish , especially when you serve enchiladas.
These Chicken and Mushroom Enchiladas are a real winner with my three year old daughter !
Not only because they have two types of cheese, but is filled with her favorite vegetables. ( Yes, it is a bit messy after she is done with her enchiladas 😊 ).
Ingredients for Chicken and Mushroom Enchiladas:
(scroll down for the full printable recipe card)
1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 chopped Red Onion
1 cup sliced Mushrooms
1 chopped Green Bell Pepper
1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
2 cups cooked and cubed Chicken
1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
6 Large Tortillas
1 1/2 cups Tomato Pasta Sauce, (your favorite brand will do)
1/2 cup grated Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
1 cup Sour Cream
Parsley, to garnish
The enchiladas are made with fresh mushrooms, onions and peppers. Another option – You can also add some cooked corn for extra vegetables and color.
This recipe is definitely not your everyday cream of mushroom enchiladas.
These chicken enchiladas are perfect with a salad on the side or if your family, ( like mine ) wants more of the enchiladas, you can double up on the ingredients and ensure there is plenty to go around.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Butter Chicken Bunny Chow
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
- Mexican Chicken
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
- Orange Honey Ginger Chicken
- Chicken Cacciatore (Dump and Bake)
Chicken And Mushroom Enchiladas
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- 1 Red Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 cups Chicken, cooked and cubed
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 6 Large Tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Tomato Pasta Sauce (your favorite brand will do)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Parsley, to garnish
- Spray a large oven dish with cooking oil
- Heat the Oil in a large skillet or wok – add the Onion, Mushrooms and Bell Pepper – saute until soft
- Add the Oregano, Chicken and Stock Pot (do not add any water) to the Onion mixture – heat through
- Spread one tablespoon Pasta Sauce over each Tortilla – divide the Chicken mixture in 6 and place in the center of the Tortillas
- Combine the Mozzarella and Cheddar Cheese – use 1 cup and sprinkle over the Chicken mixture – roll-up Tortillas and arrange in the prepared oven dish
- Pour remaining Pasta Sauce over the Enchiladas – sprinkle over the remaining Cheese
- Cover and let stand 45 – 60 minutes – Meanwhile pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F)
- Bake Enchiladas 30 minutes or until heated through and the Cheese is bubbly
- Serve warm with Sour Cream and Parsley
Serving Size1 Enchilada
Amount Per Serving Calories 526Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 93mgSodium 807mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 25g
Nutrition value is not always accurate. Please also check your ingredient labels.