Chicken and Green Bean Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing is ideal to serve during the warmer months, either as a light dinner or lunch – healthy, low-fat all-in-one-meal ! (You can also toss together all the ingredients if you so prefer).
Look no further for a delicious, filling Spring meal ! This Chicken and Green Bean Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing is just perfect for lunch or as a light dinner.
And yes, I agree, it does not look like a salad when served on a plate the way I did. I did however make the salad a couple of times and have also tossed together all the ingredients before serving.
We all agreed that we prefer the more “deconstructed” way better ! The Chicken and Green Bean salad looks more like a traditional home cooked meal, but is so much better during Spring.
I don’t know about you, but when I hear home cooked dinner, I think of warm vegetables, warm meat and all the rest of it. Not something I really like on a hot Spring or Summer’s day, not for lunch and neither for dinner.
Now I am sure you think, it looks so colorless ? I could have popped in a couple of cherry tomatoes or even a sliced red bell pepper.
But the Green just screams cool, fresh and light. And that was exactly my family’s reaction when I served the Chicken and Green Bean salad the first time round.
Best of all – this is a healthy, low-fat salad and filled with nutrition. Since I started my diet at the beginning of April, this is one of my favorite meals.
Although, I have to admit, I use less of the amazing Blue Cheese Dressing than I normally would. Not that the dressing is high in fat, but with the specific diet I am on, my dairy portions allowed are mostly used throughout the day.
Fat-free milk with my muesli or All-Bran Flakes, a cup of coffee as well as my afternoon snack, which is normally a three quarter cup fat-free yogurt with Apple cubes.
Chicken and Green Bean Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 Chicken Fillets
- 4 t Chicken Spice ( see note below )
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 4 handfuls Lettuce shredded, (I like to use Crisp Lettuce)
- 500 g Green Beans blanched ( 16 oz )
- 1/2 English Cucumber sliced
- 500 g Baby Potatoes cooked, peeled ( 16 oz )
- extra Chives chopped ( to garnish )
- 1 cup Yogurt plain, low-fat
- 100 g Blue Cheese crumbled ( 3.5 oz )
- 3 TB Chives chopped
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- extra Chives to sprinkle over ( optional )
Cover the Chicken in the Spices - heat the Oil in a skillet - fry 3-4 minutes per side until done - remove and let rest 5 minutes before slicing ( see note below )
Arrange the Lettuce in the center of a serving plate (either one large or 4 individual) - Place the sliced Chicken on top of the Lettuce - Beans on the one side and Cucumber and Potatoes on the other side ** See note below
Blitz together the Yogurt, Blue Cheese and Chives in a blender until smooth - season to taste with Lemon juice as well as Salt and Black Pepper
Drizzle over the Salad ingredients and serve sprinkled with extra Chives (optional)
- Serve the Salad whilst the Chicken, Beans and Potatoes are still warm, or serve well chilled - delicious both ways
- If you do not have Chicken Spice on hand, simply season with Salt and Pepper before cooking
- I prefer to cook my Chicken using my George Foreman grill - a griddle pan, AirFryer or over the coals are perfect as well
- The Salad ingredients can also be tossed together and not served side-by-side - your choice
You Might Also Like: