Couscous Salad with Grilled Pineapple and Grapefruit ~ Delicious mixed salad with tangy grilled Pineapple and fresh Grapefruit
I love cooking with Couscous as it is so quick to prepare. Throw in some delicious salad goodies and you get this refreshing Couscous Salad with grilled Pineapple and Grapefruit which is bursting with flavor.
By removing the pith, the grapefruit is not sour at all but instead quite sweet. It might be a little time consuming but it is so worth it in this salad.
The Pineapple does provide for some moist to the salad, but the added Grapefruit just brings out all the flavors and you definitely do not need any kind of dressing to go with this recipe.
I like to (slightly) burn my sauteed Onions – some pieces are actually black, but if you do not like the light bitter taste, follow the recipe as is and only saute the Onion until soft and golden.
Couscous Salad with Grilled Pineapple and Grapefruit
- 1 Pineapple peeled sliced and quartered
- 3 TB Brown Sugar
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1 1/4 cups Chicken Stock (hot)
- 1/3 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint Leaves chopped
- 1-2 Feta Cheese Rounds cubed
- 1 Grapefruit peeled, pith removed and segmented
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Sprinkle the Brown Sugar over the Pineapple (both sides) – grill in a griddle pan or similar, until just light brown – remove and keep aside
- Heat the Olive Oil and saute the Onion until soft and golden – remove and keep aside
Place the Couscous in a container with a lid – pour the hot Chicken Stock over – cover and let stand 5 – 8 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed – stir through
- Combine the Pineapple, Onion, Couscous and all the remaining ingredients – transfer to a serving dish
Best served cold, but slightly warm will also do if you are in a hurry.
You Might Also Like: