Breakfast Salad ? Of course, why not ! This salad is a huge hit with my family, not only for brunch, but lunch or as a light dinner as well
I could eat salad everyday and this Breakfast Salad is no exception. This is a rich, hearty salad which is just perfect for lunch or a light dinner as well.
The salad with a poached egg and a slice or two of toast and you will be set for brunch. And by now, if you have been following With A Blast a while, you should know we love our weekend brunches.
It also looks fabulous and your family or guests will definitely be surprised to find a salad on the breakfast or brunch table.
I normally have one or two favorite ingredients in a salad. But this Breakfast Salad just about covers all my favorites in one.
We often have the salad as a light dinner as well. Especially with the record breaking heatwaves we have been experiencing in Gauteng lately. A crusty roll on the side and we are one happy family !
- 2 TB Olive Oil extra virgin
- 6 Sausages Russians, Franfurters etc
- 250 g Bacon ( 8 oz )
- 250 g White Button Mushrooms halved ( 8 oz )
- 1 cup Italian Cherry Tomatoes halved and whole
- 3 handfuls Mixed Herb Salad Greens
- 1 handful Arugula
- 1/2 cup Feta Cheese cubed
- 2 t White Vinegar
- 1 t Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Heat the Oil over high heat in a skillet – fry the Sausages until crisp outside – remove, cool and slice (set aside)
Using the same skillet fry the Bacon until crispy – remove, cool and chop (set aside)
- Add the Mushrooms to the same skillet – cook until just soft and golden – remove and cool (set aside)
- Arrange the Salad Greens and Arugula on a serving plate – combine the Sausage slices, chopped Bacon, Mushrooms, Tomatoes and Feta – arrange over the Greens
- Mix together the Vinegar and Mustard – drizzle over the salad
- Season to taste with Salt and Pepper
Serve immediately or you can get everything all cooked up and put together shortly before serving.
You Might Also Like: