Spicy Mexican Chicken Wraps is perfect to serve during the cooler days as lunch or dinner (quick and easy too!) when you crave spiciness but not in a mood to make a casserole.
Wraps are very popular worldwide and our family is no different. We LOVE just about anything wrapped in a Tortilla.
These Spicy Mexican Chicken Wraps are my go-to dinner when I am running late or especially on a bit of a chilly night.
The Wraps are not as hearty and rich as a casserole, which of course would be the first choice on a real cold Winter’s night, but they are perfect for the in-between-weather days.
You can make these Spicy Mexican Chicken Wraps as hot or not as you like. Simply by adding more chilies or no chilies at all if you have little kids.
The Chicken Strips are more Cuban spiced than Mexican, but the two flavors are so close, it just works deliciously in this recipe.
I always serve a simple Salsa (and always avocado!) rather on the side than wrapped in the Tortilla with the filling. You can serve it either way.
More quick and easy recipes you might like:
- Deli Wraps
- BLT Wraps (Non-Mayo Sauce)
- Puff-Pastry Baked Hotdogs
- Tex-Mex Hotdogs
- Sweet Chili Cheese Dogs
Connect with us :
- 1 t Paprika
- 1 t Cayenne Pepper
- 1 t Ground Cumin
- 1 t Dried Thyme
- 1 t Dried Oregano
- 450 g Chicken Fillet, cut into strips ( 1 pound )
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 450 g Frozen Mexican Mixed Vegetables, see note ( 1 pound )
- 1 TB Ground Cumin
- 2 t Paprika
- 1 TB Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1/2-1 Chili, sliced
- 8 medium Tortillas
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 TB Cilantro, chopped
- Avocado Slices
- Combine all the Spices and Herbs for the Chicken in a small bowl – sprinkle over the Chicken strips and rub in well
- Heat the Oil in a large skillet or wok and stir-fry the Chicken until done – remove from skillet or wok and keep aside
- If needed add a little more Oil to the skillet/wok – Add the Frozen Mexican Vegetables, together with the Cumin, Paprika, Garlic and Chili to the skillet/wok – stir-fry until the Vegetables are tender but still a little crunchy ( about 8 minutes )
- Combine the cooked Chicken with the Vegetables and season to taste ( if necessary ) – fill the Tortillas and roll up
- Toss together the Tomatoes, Red Onion and Coriander in a small bowl
- Serve the Tomato Salsa and the Avocado slices on the side
Frozen Mexican Mixed Vegetables : mine contained : corn, green beans, red cabbage, green- and red peppers and sliced onions
Serving Size1 Wrap
Amount Per Serving Calories 373Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 60mgSodium 465mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 6gSugar 4gProtein 27g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve the Tomato Salsa and the Avocado slices on the side with the Wraps.