Spicy Mexican Chicken Wraps is perfect to serve during the cooler days as lunch or dinner (quick and easy too!) when you crave spiciness but not in a mood to make a casserole.
Wraps are very popular worldwide and our family is no different. We LOVE just about anything wrapped in a Tortilla.
These Spicy Mexican Chicken Wraps are my go-to dinner when I am running late or especially on a bit of a chilly night.
The Wraps are not as hearty and rich as a casserole, which of course would be the first choice on a real cold Winter’s night, but they are perfect for the in-between-weather days.
You can make these Spicy Mexican Chicken Wraps as hot or not as you like. Simply by adding more chilies or no chilies at all if you have little kids.
The Chicken Strips are more Cuban spiced than Mexican, but the two flavors are so close, it just works deliciously in this recipe.
I always serve a simple Salsa (and always avocado!) rather on the side than wrapped in the Tortilla with the filling. You can serve it either way.
More quick and easy recipes you might like:
- Deli Wraps
- BLT Wraps (Non-Mayo Sauce)
- Puff-Pastry Baked Hotdogs
- Tex-Mex Hotdogs
- Sweet Chili Cheese Dogs
Connect with us :
PINTEREST TWITTER FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM
Spicy Mexican Chicken Wraps
Spiced Chicken and Mexican Vegetables wraps which is perfect to serve for lunch or dinner (quick and easy too!)
- 1 t Paprika
- 1 t Cayenne Pepper
- 1 t Ground Cumin
- 1 t Dried Thyme
- 1 t Dried Oregano
- 450 g Chicken Fillet, cut into strips ( 1 pound )
- 2 TB Olive Oil
- 450 g Frozen Mexican Mixed Vegetables, see note ( 1 pound )
- 1 TB Ground Cumin
- 2 t Paprika
- 1 TB Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1/2-1 Chili, sliced
- 8 medium Tortillas
- 2 Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 2 TB Cilantro, chopped
- Avocado Slices
- Combine all the Spices and Herbs for the Chicken in a small bowl – sprinkle over the Chicken strips and rub in well
- Heat the Oil in a large skillet or wok and stir-fry the Chicken until done – remove from skillet or wok and keep aside
- If needed add a little more Oil to the skillet/wok – Add the Frozen Mexican Vegetables, together with the Cumin, Paprika, Garlic and Chili to the skillet/wok – stir-fry until the Vegetables are tender but still a little crunchy ( about 8 minutes )
- Combine the cooked Chicken with the Vegetables and season to taste ( if necessary ) – fill the Tortillas and roll up
- Toss together the Tomatoes, Red Onion and Coriander in a small bowl
- Serve the Tomato Salsa and the Avocado slices on the side
Frozen Mexican Mixed Vegetables : mine contained : corn, green beans, red cabbage, green- and red peppers and sliced onions
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Servings Serving Size 1 Wrap
Amount Per Serving Calories 373Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 60mgSodium 465mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 6gSugar 4gProtein 27g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve the Tomato Salsa and the Avocado slices on the side with the Wraps.
Tuesday 7th of October 2014
I love how non greasy those look lol. There is a Mexican restaurant near me that I cannot even attempt to eat at because everything is covered in grease :( I cant wait to try this out! pinned Stopping by from LiveRandomlySimple Totally Terrific Tuesday Link Up Party! Thanks for linking up last week! Party is NOW live, hope you can make it back and link up some more awesome content!!Jess http://www.liverandomlysimple.com
Bobbi @ 3GLOL
Monday 6th of October 2014
I know some people that would love.love.love this!! Pinning :)
Thanks so much for linking up to Teach Me Tuesday last week. We hope to see you again there this week. Our party would not be such a growing success without you :)
Have a great week!
Sunday 5th of October 2014
Wraps always make for a fun meal. I don't know if it's because you eat them with your hands or because they are easy on the cook (me!). Thank you for sharing, Linda. These wraps look great--I'll take mine extra spicy!
Saturday 4th of October 2014
I absolutely love this! Yummy. Pinned. It is so fun to party with you. Thank you. I hope to see you at our party on Monday at 7 pm. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/Happy Saturday! Lou Lou Girls
April J Harris
Saturday 4th of October 2014
Your Spicy Mexican Chicken Wraps sound delicious, Linda - and they look wonderful too! Thank you for sharing them with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. Pinned and will tweet :-)