Best Meatloaf with a Chutney Sauce is the best ever Meatloaf baked in a Chutney Sauce and the sauce then served over the meatloaf
We do not have meatloaf on a regular basis. However when we do, I always make this recipe for the best Meatloaf with a Chutney Sauce, which is outstanding.
The first couple of times I made this, I experimented with the texture of the Onion and the Celery.
I made it with very finely chopped Onion and Celery, but did not like it as much. Then slowly I chopped it a little coarser until I found the right texture, which also gives the tastiest bite.
If you like a denser meaty meatloaf, feel free to chop the veggies as fine as you like.
The Meatloaf shrinks quite a bit on baking, but it is more than enough for at least 8 servings with some to spare.
And leftovers are absolutely delicious on a sandwich the next day !
More Comfort Food recipes you might like:
- Amish Country Casserole
- Tequila Lime Steak Enchiladas
- Mountain Meatballs
- Cheese Stuffed Meatloaf
- Salisbury Steak
Connect with us :
Best Ever Meatloaf with A Chutney Sauce
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 Celery Stalks, chopped
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 900 g Lean Ground Beef ( 2 pounds )
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs, wholewheat
- 1 TB Parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 t Salt
- 1/4 t Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chutney
- 1/2 cup Thick Ketch-Up
- 2 TB Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 TB Vinegar
- 2 TB Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 t Instant Coffee Powder
- 1 t Cornflour, use another teaspoonful if necessary (Cornstarch)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – Line two small (23cm / 9″ each) loaf pans with aluminum foil and spray with cooking oil
- Combine all the ingredients for the Meatloaf in a mixing bowl – divide in two and press tightly into each prepared loaf pan
- SAUCE : Place the Chutney, Tomato Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Vinegar, Brown Sugar and Coffee Powder in a small saucepan – bring to the boil slowly – boil 1 minute – remove from heat and pour over the meatloaves. (keep the saucepan for use in step 5)
- Cover the loaf pans with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour – remove from the oven and let cool in the pans for a few minutes
- Carefully pour the sauce from each meatloaf into the saucepan first used to cook the sauce – bring to the boil again – mix a little Cornflour with a bit of Water and mix in with the sauce – cook until thickened. (1 – 2 minutes)
Amount Per Serving Calories 453.1 Total Fat 24.6g Saturated Fat 9.8g Unsaturated Fat 11.9g Carbohydrates 33.8g Fiber 1.3g Sugar 19.7g Protein 22.7g
Transfer the Meatloaves to a serving dish, pour over the Chutney Sauce and serve.