These White Chocolate Caramel Bars have it all ! Oatmeal-Coconut Crust, gooey Caramel, all topped with White Chocolate
Gooey caramel with a crunchy, sticky oatmeal-coconut crust AND topped with white chocolate !
That is close to all my favorites in these White Chocolate Caramel Bars
I am usually very pessimistic when I’m making anything caramel or toffee-ish – and don’t even get me started on fudge ! Total nightmare and it just about never turns out 100%.
This recipe is so simple and it worked. The caramel is soft, gooey and what I was most excited about (yes, I get excited when a recipe works out when I thought it won’t!), it sets perfectly and cuts nicely into portions.
White Chocolate Caramel Bars
- 1/3 cup Rolled Oatmeal processed finely
- 1/2 cup Self-Raising Flour
- 2 t Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Butter melted
- 1 can (397g) Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup Golden Syrup or Treacle
- 2 TB Butter
- 160 g White Chocolate good quality, not baking chocolate ( 5.5 oz )
- 2 t Vegetable Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – line a 20 x 20cm (8 x 8 inch) baking dish with baking paper – leave an edge hanging over the sides for easy removal later
- Combine the Oats, Flour, Cocoa Powder, Brown Sugar and Coconut in a medium mixing bowl – add the melted butter and mix – press onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish – bake 10 minutes
- Place the Condensed Milk, Syrup and cubed Butter in a medium saucepan – heat over medium heat, stirring for 5 – 10 minutes until the mixture thickens and turns a light caramel color
- Pour the caramel mixture over the baked crust – bake a further 10 minutes – remove from the oven and cool completely
- Melt the White Chocolate (microwave or over boiling water) – add the Oil – stir to combine – pour over the caramel – refrigerate 30 minutes or until set – cut into bars using a hot knife
These were an immediate hit with my family, therefore … next time, I’m making a double batch !
You Might Also Like: