Peppermint Crisp Tart is a very popular South-African, no-bake dessert and loved by all ages ! Easy to make, therefore ideal as a week night dessert.
Who can say no to a piece (not slice) of Peppermint Crisp Tart ? Bet you almost all South-Africans love this decadent dessert !
Delicious ! Does not look like much until you taste it, out of this world and with such simple ingredients as well.
One thing about this particular recipe: The tart does not slice well, no way, you use a decent sized spoon and dish it up, then sit back and just … enjoyyy.
The above image shows the layers a little better.
Kids and adults all go crazy for this very popular South-African tart/pudding. I suppose it is really a pudding and not a tart, whatever, you can call it the way you like.
Forget the layers of biscuit and use it as a filling for .. uhm, meringues, ice cream cones, ready-made mini shells … and the list goes on.
As this is a South-African dessert:
- Caramel Condensed Milk – You can make your own if unavailable – just Google “How to make caramel condensed milk” and you will get numerous methods
- Peppermint Crisp Chocolate Bar – any peppermint chocolate will do, especially bars with the green peppermint pieces in them
I normally make this Peppermint Crisp Tart either the night before (it is so quick!). Or during the morning as I am home all day. The longer the Tart stands, the better it gets !
Serve on it’s own or maybe an extra dollop of unsweetened whipped cream. This is a very sweet recipe, therefore you might want to “balance” it out with something unsweetened? As always, up to you!
More Peppermint desserts you might like :
- Chocolate Peppermint Cupcakes
- Peppermint Fudge Cookie Balls
- Peppermint Chocolate Ice-Cream Cups
- Double Peppermint Oreo Bark
- Choc-Mint Dom Pedro
Connect with us :
Peppermint Crisp Tart
- 200 gram Tennis Biscuits, or Graham Crackers if unavailable ( 6.5 oz )
- 1 cup Fresh Cream ( double cream/whipping cream)
- 1 t Peppermint Essence, optional
- 1 can (397g) Caramel Condensed Milk
- 1 Medium Peppermint Crisp Chocolate Bar, grated (See in post for alternatives)
- Whip the Fresh cream until stiff, adding the Peppermint essence (if using) during whipping
- Gently fold in the Caramel condensed milk to the whipped cream
- Use a 20 x 20cm (8 x 8″) dish and place a single layer of Tennis biscuits at the bottom. Pour half of the Caramel mixture over the biscuit layer, half the grated chocolate and repeat all layers
- Refrigerate 1 – 2 hours before serving
- The tart will only set slightly – that’s okay, you want it that way !
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Servings
Amount Per Serving Calories 261Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 37mgSodium 191mgCarbohydrates 21gFiber 1gSugar 7gProtein 4g
Nutrition value is not always accurate