Peppermint Crisp Tart is a very popular South-African, no-bake dessert and loved by all ages ! Easy to make, therefore ideal as a week night dessert.
Who can say no to a piece (not slice) of Peppermint Tart ?
Delicious ! Does not look like much until you taste it, out of this world and with such simple ingredients as well.
One thing about this particular recipe: it does not slice well, no way, you use a LARGE decent sized spoon and dish it up, then sit back and just … enjoyyy.
Kids and adults all go crazy for this very popular South-African tart/pudding. I suppose it is really a pudding and not a tart, whatever, you can call it the way you like.
My son, especially loves anything peppermint crisp – in a cupcake form, this tart or even as an individual layered dessert
Forget the layers of biscuit and use it as a filling for .. uhm, meringues, ice cream cones, ready-made mini shells … and the list goes on.
As this is a South-African dessert:
- Caramel Condensed Milk – You can make your own if unavailable – just Google “How to make caramel condensed milk” and you will get numerous methods
- Peppermint Crisp Chocolate Bar – any peppermint chocolate will do, especially bars with the green peppermint pieces in them
I normally make this Peppermint Crisp Tart either the night before (it is so quick!), or during the morning as I am home all day. The longer the Tart stands, the better it gets !
More Peppermint desserts :
- 200 gram Tennis Biscuits, or Graham Crackers if unavailable ( 6.5 oz )
- 1 cup Fresh Cream ( double cream/whipping cream)
- 1 t Peppermint Essence
- 1 can (397g) Caramel Condensed Milk
- 1 Medium Peppermint Crisp Chocolate Bar, grated
1.) Whip the Fresh cream until stiff, adding the Peppermint essence during whipping
2.) Gently fold in the Caramel condensed milk to the whipped cream
3.) Use a 20 x 20cm (8 x 8″) dish and place a single layer of Tennis biscuits at the bottom. Pour half of the Caramel mixture over the biscuit layer and repeat ending with a layer of Caramel mixture
4.) Sprinkle the grated Peppermint Crisp Chocolate on top
5.) Refrigerate 1 – 2 hours before serving
- The tart will only set slightly – that’s okay, you want it that way !
Serve on it’s own or maybe an extra dollop of unsweetened whipped cream – it is a very sweet recipe, therefore you might want to “balance” it out with something unsweetened? As always, up to you!