This recipe for a Quick Corn Bread (with actual corn) is so simple – mix, bake and serve ! The bread makes the perfect side to a main meal, or enjoy as a snack.
Not cornmeal bread … Bread with actual corn ! This is a great alternative to dinner rolls (depending on the main meal of course).
I think this Quick Corn Bread is one of the breads I make the most. You can not only serve the bread as a side, but it is also a delicious snack.
Whenever you have a craving for a baked savory treat, this is it ! Slap some butter on the warm, fresh out of the oven, Corn bread and you are set.
It makes slicing a little difficult and as you can see the bread doesn’t slice 100%, but it is best served right out of the oven with butter only.
However, we also love to add a slice of cheese to ours, especially when I baked the bread to be enjoyed as a snack only.
This is another mix and bake recipe which I have made countless times before and has never failed me. One thing, however, it should be eaten on the day it was baked.
More Quick Bread (sweet and savory) recipes you might like:
- Tomato Basil Bread
- Date and Walnut Bread
- Onion Corn and Cheese Skillet Bread
- Sundried Tomato and Corn Bread
- Bacon and Cheese Bread
Quick Corn Bread
- 2 extra-large Eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 TB Milk
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 can (410 grams) Sweetcorn, (the creamed type) ( 14 oz can )
- 3 1/2 cups Self-Raising Flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a medium bread loaf pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with baking paper
- Beat together the Eggs, Milk, Oil and Salt – stir in the can of Sweetcorn and mix
- Add the Flour to the Egg mixture and stir until combined
- Scoop the batter into the loaf pan and bake 50 minutes until brown on top and a tester comes out clean
- Leave to cool in the loaf pan for 2 or 3 minutes and turn out the bread
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1 Slice
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 47mgSodium 753mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 0gProtein 6g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate