Homemade Chicken Alfredo is very tasty and better than any take-out! Creamy, packed with Mushrooms and Chicken – delicious served with Avocado.
This Homemade Chicken Alfredo is definitely way better than any take-out you have ever had ! And it is so quick and easy to make too ! No strange ingredients,,, all should be in your pantry already.
A Pasta dish is perfect for a midweek dinner in so many ways. I already mentioned quick and easy, but it is an overall favorite dish with all family members, from the little ones to Mom and Dad.
I think the addition of serving with Avocado is just genius ! You can always leave the Avocado out, but give it a try first.
Unbelievable how much flavor the Avocado adds to this simple dish.
The servings given below is for either 4 adults (huge servings!) or 2 adults and 4 kids.
However, looking at the ingredients, you should have an idea whether it is enough for your family. If not, this recipe for the homemade Chicken Alfredo can also be doubled easily.
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Chicken Cacciatore (Dump and Bake)
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
- Amish Chicken Casserole
- Salad Dressing Sticky Chicken
- Easy Baked Thai Chicken
Connect with us :
Homemade Chicken Alfredo
- 1/4 cup Avocado Oil, divided (or Vegetable Oil)
- 450 g Chicken Fillets, cut into strips ( 1 pound )
- Salt and Lemon Pepper, to taste
- 250 g Mushrooms, sliced ( 8 oz )
- 1 Red Onion, finely chopped
- 1 t Garlic, fresh, crushed
- 1 cup Fresh Cream (double cream/whipping cream)
- 500 g (raw weight) Tagliatelle/Fettucini, cooked ( 16 oz raw weight )
- 1 Avocado, cubed
- 2 t Parsley, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoonfuls of the Oil in a large pan- season the Chicken with Salt and Lemon Pepper – stir-fry until golden – remove from pan and keep aside
- Using the same pan – add the remaining Oil and saute the Mushrooms until soft and golden – scoop out and keep aside with the Chicken
- Add the Onion and Garlic to the pan – fry for a minute or two – add the Cream – bring to the boil and add back the Chicken and Mushrooms – turn the heat down and simmer 12 – 15 minutes or until the Chicken is fully cooked
- In a large mixing bowl – toss together the Chicken mixture and the cooked Pasta – transfer to serving plates
- Serve topped with Avocado and Parsley
Serving Size1 Adult size
Amount Per Serving Calories 604Total Fat 45gSaturated Fat 17gUnsaturated Fat 24gCarbohydrates 13gFiber 5gSugar 5gProtein 43.8g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve topped with cubed Avocado and sprinkled with Parsley.