The ultimate sandwich ! This Heart Attack Sandwich is perfect to serve for lunch or dinner – so tasty and packed with meats and cheese
The other day I had a nap – supposed to be a usual 1-2 hour nap. Anyway, hubby left me sleeping from 11 am and I only woke up after 4 pm ! Gulp ! Really ..
Therefore, dinner had to be a quick one and I came up with this Heart Attack Sandwich. I was almost done as my son walked in and asked “what is this called”.
Normally I would have thrown a tantrum at a question like that. However, after I started blogging, especially about food, it is a normal question asked in our house.
Without thinking I answered him with ” It’s a Heart Attack Sandwich ” to which he looked intrigued, but not really surprised ! And then the name stuck ..
I would not advise anyone to eat something like this on a regular basis. Especially people with high blood cholesterol.
Have I ever mentioned my daughter and I have this irritating condition? No? Okay, we do, but she wasn’t home and well, I am not really watching what I eat as I should.
Right, enough, this is anyway a real.to.die.for. ultimate sandwich !
More recipes you might like for quick dinners:
- Quick and Easy Nachos
- Drunken Chicken Stir-Fry
- Creamy Skillet Pork Chops
- Amish Country Casserole
- Quick Pasta Casserole
Heart Attack Sandwich
- 6 Large Burger Buns ( or 2 Oval French Breads )
- 6 slices Gouda Cheese
- 2 TB Butter
- 1 Large Onion, sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 12 slices Back Bacon
- 12 slices Deli Salami
- 450 g Lean Ground Beef ( 1 pound )
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce ( your favorite brand )
- 12 slices Deli Thin Ham ( I like Gypsy Ham )
- 12 slices Mozzarella Cheese, cut into several smaller pieces (divide into 3 batches)
- Slice the Buns in half – place the bottom halves on a baking paper lined baking sheet – top each with a slice of Gouda Cheese – place under the grill until just starting to melt – remove and keep aside
- Saute the Onion and Bell Pepper in the Butter until soft and golden in a medium saucepan – spoon mixture over the Gouda Cheese
- Cook the Bacon as per your preference – place two slices, per sandwich, over the Onion/Pepper and top with a few pieces of Mozzarella – under the grill again for a minute or two – remove – place two slices of Salami over the Mozzarella
- Using the same saucepan as used for the Onion/Pepper – stir-fry the Ground Beef until done – season to taste and stir in the BBQ Sauce
- Spoon the Beef over the Mozzarella and add another few pieces of Mozzarella over the Beef – back to the oven – grill a minute or so and remove
- Place two slices of Ham over the previous layer of Mozzarella and top with a final layer of Mozzarella – under the grill again – remove and close with the top piece of Bun
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1053Total Fat 55gSaturated Fat 25gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 301mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 2gSugar 16gProtein 96g
Nutrition value is not always accurate