Quick and easy to make Festive Chocolate Balls with a hidden surprise are always welcome on a Festive sweet platter
These Festive Chocolate Balls are basically the same as my Chocolate Snow Balls, but with the addition of a glace cherry to the center and decorated a little different.
Cherries and the Festive season goes hand in hand in my book. Not even to speak of all-things-glittery and sparkly !
I do not think this is the season to go all out on a diet ! Anyway, most definitely not for me. These are the 6 weeks a year where I eat what I want (and more often than not – over eat !).
The Festive season starts December and lasts into the middle of January. That is, in South-Africa, but I actually think it is the same in most countries.
One thing I do miss, however, is to have the kids around all the time. But as they say, life goes on, the kids grow up and inevitable go their own way (small pre-empty nest syndrome??).
Anyhow, it is still nice to treat them with something which I can whip up just as quickly and suddenly, as they appear and actually spend some time at home.
These are great to add to a sweet platter as well, whether it be for Christmas, New Year or any other occasion.
More Christmas sweet treat recipes you might like:
- Christmas Breakfast: Ham Fritata
- Peppermint Fudge Cookie Balls
- Old-Fashioned Fudge
- White Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Candy Cane Chocolate Mousse Macaroon Cups
Connect with us :
Festive Chocolate Balls
- 400 g Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Oreos/Romany Creams) ( 14 oz )
- 250 g Cream Cheese, plain, softened ( 8 oz )
- 40 Glace Cherries , whole
- 400 g Milk Chocolate (good quality) ( 14 oz )
- 100 g White chocolate (good quality) ( 3.5 oz )
- 1 t Gold Sugar, to decorate
1. Process the Cookies until fine in a food processor – add the Cream Cheese and process until a ball forms
2. Form small balls – flatten slightly and place a Cherry – roll the “dough” into a ball again – place on a wax paper lined baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes
3. Melt the Milk Chocolate (microwave or stove top) – dip each ball into the melted Chocolate – place back on the wax paper and return to the freezer for 10 minutes
4. Melt the White Chocolate – drizzle a small amount over each cookie ball – sprinkle with the Gold Sugar and chill until fully set
Amount Per Serving Calories 156Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 11mgSodium 47mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 2g