Quick and easy to make Festive Chocolate Balls with a hidden surprise are always welcome on a Festive sweet platter
These Festive Chocolate Balls are basically the same as my Chocolate Snow Balls, but with the addition of a glace cherry to the center and decorated a little different.
Cherries and the Festive season goes hand in hand in my book. Not even to speak of all-things-glittery and sparkly !
I do not think this is the season to go all out on a diet ! Anyway, most definitely not for me. These are the 6 weeks a year where I eat what I want (and more often than not – over eat !).
The Festive season starts December and lasts into the middle of January. That is, in South-Africa, but I actually think it is the same in most countries.
One thing I do miss, however, is to have the kids around all the time. But as they say, life goes on, the kids grow up and inevitable go their own way (small pre-empty nest syndrome??).
Anyhow, it is still nice to treat them with something which I can whip up just as quickly and suddenly, as they appear and actually spend some time at home.
These are great to add to a sweet platter as well, whether it be for Christmas, New Year or any other occasion.
More Christmas sweet treat recipes you might like:
- Christmas Breakfast: Ham Fritata
- Peppermint Fudge Cookie Balls
- Old-Fashioned Fudge
- White Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Candy Cane Chocolate Mousse Macaroon Cups
Connect with us :
Festive Chocolate Balls
- 400 g Chocolate Sandwich Cookies (Oreos/Romany Creams) ( 14 oz )
- 250 g Cream Cheese, plain, softened ( 8 oz )
- 40 Glace Cherries , whole
- 400 g Milk Chocolate (good quality) ( 14 oz )
- 100 g White chocolate (good quality) ( 3.5 oz )
- 1 t Gold Sugar, to decorate
1. Process the Cookies until fine in a food processor – add the Cream Cheese and process until a ball forms
2. Form small balls – flatten slightly and place a Cherry – roll the “dough” into a ball again – place on a wax paper lined baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes
3. Melt the Milk Chocolate (microwave or stove top) – dip each ball into the melted Chocolate – place back on the wax paper and return to the freezer for 10 minutes
4. Melt the White Chocolate – drizzle a small amount over each cookie ball – sprinkle with the Gold Sugar and chill until fully set
Amount Per Serving Calories 156Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 11mgSodium 47mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 14gProtein 2g
Nutrition value is not always accurate