Boozy English Toffee Hot Chocolate to give you an added warmth ! This is the best, most delicious comfort drink my family (non-alcoholic version given too) prefer.
It is still Summer in South-Africa and the weather is still as hot as you can get in Gauteng this time of year. But with Summer, rain pours and I don’t know about you, but somehow, when it is overcast, rainy and overall miserable looking, I want something hot and comforting to drink.
I concocted this English Toffee Hot Chocolate , and was it a hit ! All of us enjoyed a mug (some even hinted for more – not sure if it has something more to do with the added liqueur though!).
My son and one or two other guys have a carpooling thing going and this week it was his best friend’s turn, so he did receive a mug. Without the added liqueur, as he still had to drive home (sorry if you take a sip of any kind of liquor at my house, no driving .. you sleep over – my rule!).
But he enjoyed his just as much, therefore, go ahead make a big batch, and just before adding the English Toffee Liqueur, pour some out for the kids or a driving visitor.
More Comfort food and drink recipes you might like:
- Pumpkin Pie Spiced Latte
- Oxtail (Slow-Cooker)
- White Chocolate Latte
- Chicken Cacciatore (Dump and Bake)
- Quick White Cheddar And Bacon Pasta
Connect with us :
English Toffee Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups Milk, full cream, divided
- 6 TB Caster Sugar, ( Superfine Sugar )
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 t Ground Cinnamon
- 6 Marshmallows, normal size
- 1/2 cup English Toffee Liqueur
- 36 Mini Marshmallows, to top
- Chocolate Chips and Sprinkles, to decorate
- Thick Toffee Sauce. (I use ice-cream sauce)
- Use 1/4 cup Milk and stir in the Cocoa Powder - mix well
- Meanwhile, place the ramaining Milk, Caster Sugar, Cocoa powder (as per step 1) and the Cinnamon in a large saucepan – heat and stir until boiling
- Add the Large Marshmallows and stir until melted – remove from heat
- Stir in the English Toffee Liqueur and pour into heatproof mugs/glasses
- Top with Mini Marshmallows and decorate with Chocolate Chips and/or Sprinkles
- Finally, drizzle with Toffee Sauce and serve immediately
- Omit the Liqueur for a non-alcoholic drink
Serving Size1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 511Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 41mgSodium 252mgCarbohydrates 86gFiber 2gSugar 62gProtein 8g
Nutrition value is not always accurate