Meatball Stroganoff is a delicious, hearty and rich comfort food ! Unique spin on the already popular Stroganoff dish
Everyone knows Stroganoff and most of us have our own (secret?) favorite recipes. I did not want the usual this time and decided to make Meatball Stroganoff.
Meatball Stroganoff is nothing new, Stroganoffs are actually made in many different ways and also using different meats.
The very first Stroganoff I had, was a Beef Stroganoff, which we still enjoy on a regular basis.
This Meatball version might not be anywhere close to an authentic Stroganoff but it works well enough for me.
And fortunately I am not a licenced, degree and all chef who (some of them), feel they have to keep to the rules (as I was reminded once by an anonymous trained chef!).
I am simply a mom who likes to cook good food for her family. Although the good is not always that true !
Delicious, yes, but always good, no way, we enjoy too many rich desserts. But, hey, we can eat healthy as well, not all our meals are rich or sweet.
True to the aim of this blog, quick, easy, yet a filling dinner recipe, which uses standard ingredients, most of what I normally have in the refrigerator and the pantry.
Spooned over pasta and dinner is ready to be served !
More Meatball recipes you might like:
- 450 g Lean Ground Beef, ( 1 pound )
- 1 cup Fresh Bread Crumbs
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic, crushed
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 t Salt
- 1 TB Thick Soy Sauce
- 2 TB Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 Onions, thinly sliced
- 250 g Mushrooms, brown or white button, sliced ( 8 oz )
- 3 TB Cornflour, (Cornstarch)
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 TB Thick Soy Sauce
- 1 TB Parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Combine the Beef, Bread Crumbs, Onion, Garlic, Egg, Salt and Soy Sauce in a medium mixing bowl – form 16 – 20 meatballs
- Heat the Oil in a large skillet – fry the meatballs over low heat until just brown – carefully remove meatballs from skillet and keep aside
- Using the same skillet – saute the Onions and Mushrooms until soft – sprinkle over the Cornflour and stir – add the Beef Stock and let simmer until thickened
- Once the sauce has thickened, stir in the Sour Cream and Soy Sauce – stir to mix
- Add back the Meatballs and simmer over low heat until the meatballs are done (cover skillet partially)
Amount Per Serving Calories 558Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 164mgSodium 952mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 42g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve on a bed of pasta and enjoy !