White Chocolate Latte is the BEST latte to make at home, especially for white chocolate lovers ~ no need to run to the coffee shop !
I am not a coffee drinker. Tea, yes, especially Twining’s Vanilla Tea, but very rarely coffee. Quite the different story with iced coffee or this white chocolate Latte !
During Summer I would enjoy an iced coffee once a week, maybe. Other than that, I only keep coffee in the house for my daughter’s boyfriend, as he is a huge coffee lover. I have seen him enjoying a cup just before bed late at night.
Now, that won’t work for me at all – if I have coffee, any coffee (except of course decaf) any time after 1 – 2pm in the afternoon, I would not get any sleep at all that night.
Lattes are different. I know, it is coffee, but so much more creamy, tasty, milky and so many variations !
I only have one of these now and then as it contains strong brewed coffee, which again also do not play nicely with my medications.
Well, for this White Chocolate Latte, I completely forget about my hang-ups about coffee and even the small side effects it may )or may not!) have with my meds.
White Chocolate Latte
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 TB Fresh Cream (whipping cream/double cream)
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- Sugar to taste
- 1 cup Strong Freshly Brewed Hot Coffee
- 3 TB White Chocolate Shards or Chips
- Whipped Cream optional
- Two-Tone Chocolate Chips optional
- Heat the Milk and Cream in a small saucepan or in the microwave, to almost boiling point – remove from the stove/microwave – add the Vanilla and Sugar – whisk until frothy
- Meanwhile divide the Coffee between two mugs – stir in the White Chocolate until smooth
- Pour the frothy Milk mixture into the mugs – stir to combine
- Serve immediately topped with Whipped Cream and Chocolate Chips, if using