Cheesy Onion Potatoes WILL become a new family favorite if you love your Potatoes ! Only 5 ingredients and it tastes incredibly good as a side dish or a light meatless dinner
I love Potatoes in any form – baked, boiled, in a casserole, on it’s own, mashed and so the list goes on.
Honestly, I think I can live on Potatoes only ! Give me these Cheesy Onion Potatoes and I am in seventh heaven.
Spring Onions are of course another one of my weaknesses and the more added to a dish, the better. Hubby again, would eat Cheese even if it is sprinkled over a sweet dessert !
This recipe gets a fair amount of Cheddar added to it, but he is still after some more. And actually just about always, sprinkle over more Cheddar after I had dished up !
I also just love the fresh, uncooked taste of the Spring Onions as it is only added to the dish after baking.
And it looks so pretty as well! It is said, as you might know, that we eat with our eyes and that is usually the case.
Now and then though (normally old family favorites) a certain dish would not look appetizing at all.
But once you had it, you know what to expect next time and that is precisely what makes a family favorite … well, a favorite !
I used Unsalted Butter as the Soup added to the Potatoes contain a lot of saltiness already.
However, it is up to you, if you prefer a very salty dish, go for it and use Salted Butter.
More Potato recipes you might like:
ps: If you can not find Brown Onion Soup Powder – use any strong soup powder i.e. Beef, Oxtail etc
Cheesy Onion Potatoes
- 6 large Potatoes, scrubbed clean and cubed
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 packet Brown Onion Soup Powder, (4 serving size - soup mix)
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese, grated, divided
- 1 1/2 cups Spring Onions, chopped – green and white parts
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – spray a 20 x 30cm (8 x 12 inch) oven dish (with a lid or use aluminum foil) with cooking oil
- Place the cubed Potatoes in the prepared oven dish – drizzle over the melted Butter and sprinkle over the Soup Powder – bake covered for 25 minutes – remove from the oven, add half of the Cheddar Cheese give it a good stir through, cover again and bake another 25 – 30 minutes or until the Potatoes are tender
- Remove from the oven – sprinkle over the Spring Onions (I give mine a gentle stir through) and sprinkle over the remaining Cheddar Cheese
Nutrition InformationYield 8
Amount Per Serving Calories 361.8Total Fat 15.3gSaturated Fat 9.3gUnsaturated Fat 4.8gCarbohydrates 47.3gFiber 6.9gSugar 3.2gProtein 10.8g
Serve as a side dish to just about any meat dish or have it as a meatless dinner/lunch with a small salad or two on the side.
Linked up at: WEEKEND POTLUCK – Sweet Little Bluebird