Truly the best steak marinade in existence (to mention one meat) ! Tenderizes and adds flavor to most meats, poultry, seafood, roasts and more.
Post Updated May 2023
This is absolutely the Best Steak Marinade in Existence. No store-bought ( or any of my current homemade marinades ) come even close to this homemade marinade.
It is made with simple everyday ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. This marinade is perfect for steaks, but it is also versatile enough to use on other meats, seafood, vegetables, and even roasts.
A Quick Look At The Ingredients For The Best Steak Marinade :
To make this marinade, all you need is soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, dried basil, dried parsley flakes, white pepper, cayenne pepper, and fresh garlic.
(Scroll down to the Recipe Card for the full printable recipe)
Instructions For Using The Best Steak Marinade :
Mix all the ingredients together and pour over your meat of choice. Refrigerate for up to 8 hours, (although I find 4 hours for Steak is more than enough) turning the container over regularly to ensure even marination. Then, cook your meat as desired, and enjoy the delicious flavor that this marinade adds.
Not only is this the best steak marinade, but it is also perfect for pork, poultry, lamb, seafood (for no longer than 30 minutes), vegetables, and roasts.
So, no matter what you’re cooking, this marinade is sure to add a burst of flavor that will take your dish to the next level. Give it a try and taste the difference for yourself !
Why Named The Best Steak Marinade In Existence?
As a food lover and home cook, I have tried and tested many marinades over the years, but none of them have come close to the Best Steak Marinade in Existence.
This marinade is simple to make with everyday ingredients and can be used on a variety of meats, including pork, poultry, lamb, and even vegetables. But why is this marinade the best?
Benefits of Marinades
Marinades are not just a way to add flavor to meat; they also have several other benefits. One of the primary benefits of marinades is that they help to tenderize the meat.
The acid in the marinade breaks down the muscle fibers, making the meat more tender. The Best Steak Marinade in Existence contains lemon juice, which is a natural acid that helps to tenderize the meat.
Another benefit of marinades is that they add flavor to the meat. The Best Steak Marinade in Existence contains a variety of herbs and spices, including garlic powder, dried basil, and dried parsley flakes, which add a delicious flavor to the meat.
Marinades are also great for barbecue meats. When you cook meat on a barbecue, the high heat can cause the meat to become dry and tough.
But if you marinate the meat beforehand, it will help to keep it moist and tender.
Last but not least, marinades are also great for roasts. Roasts can be difficult to cook because they are often tough and dry. But if you marinate the roast beforehand, it will help to tenderize the meat and add flavor.
My daughter also marinated a pork roast (for a special dinner) and they loved it !
She did however, marinated the roast over night as she had a busy day ahead.
Every now and then she turned over the marinade container. And then she cooked the roast, using her rotisserie gadget in her oven. Below the roast she had a dish with plain, lightly salted potatoes into which the juices from the roast dripped.
Hearing about how fantastic her pork roast turned out, I just had to try it, also with the potatoes in a separate dish below the roast. Absolutely amazing !
So here we have it, the Best Steak Marinade in Existence is not only the best marinade for steak, but it is also great for other meats, vegetables, and roasts.
With its simple everyday ingredients and numerous benefits, this marinade is a must-try for any home cook.
What Does Each Ingredient Add To The Best Steak Marinade?
Ingredients and Their Benefits
As the name suggests, the Best Steak Marinade is a combination of simple everyday ingredients that come together to create a flavorful and tenderizing marinade. Here’s a breakdown of each ingredient and its benefits:
- Soy Sauce: Adds saltiness and umami flavor to the marinade. Soy sauce also contains amino acids that help tenderize the meat (Use low sodium Soy Sauce if you watch your salt intake).
- Olive Oil: Provides richness and helps to evenly distribute the marinade over the meat. Extra-virgin olive oil also adds a fruity flavor and antioxidants to the marinade.
- Lemon Juice: Adds acidity to the marinade, which helps to break down the connective tissue in the meat, making it more tender. Lemon juice also adds a bright, fresh flavor to the marinade.
- Worcestershire Sauce: Adds a savory and slightly sweet flavor to the marinade. It also contains vinegar, which helps to tenderize the meat.
- Garlic Powder: Adds a pungent and slightly sweet flavor to the marinade. Garlic powder also contains allicin, which has antibacterial properties and helps to tenderize the meat.
- Dried Basil: Adds a sweet and slightly peppery flavor to the marinade. Basil also contains eugenol, which has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to tenderize the meat.
- Dried Parsley Flakes: Adds a mild and slightly bitter flavor to the marinade. Parsley also contains antioxidants and helps to tenderize the meat.
- White Pepper: Adds a mild and slightly floral flavor to the marinade. White pepper also contains piperine, which helps to tenderize the meat.
- Cayenne Pepper: Adds a spicy and slightly sweet flavor to the marinade. Cayenne pepper also contains capsaicin, which has anti-inflammatory properties and helps to tenderize the meat.
- Fresh Garlic: Adds a pungent and slightly sweet flavor to the marinade. Fresh garlic also contains allicin, which has antibacterial properties and helps to tenderize the meat.
The combination of these ingredients creates a well-balanced marinade that adds flavor, tenderness, and juiciness to the meat.
Not only is this marinade perfect for steak, but it also works well with other meats such as pork, poultry, lamb, and even seafood (for no longer than 30 minutes). You can also use it to add flavor to vegetables and roasts.
Simple Everyday Ingredients Used to Make the Best Steak Marinade !
When it comes to marinating steak, there are many recipes out there that call for a long list of expensive ingredients.
However, the truth is that you can make a delicious and flavorful marinade using simple everyday ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
This marinade is not just for steak, though. You can also use it to marinate pork, poultry, lamb, and even vegetables.
But, be careful not to marinate seafood for too long, as it is already very tender and can become mushy if left in the marinade for too long.
You really do not need to use fancy or expensive ingredients to make a great steak marinade. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious and flavorful marinade that will take your steak to the next level.
Not Only The Best Steak Marinade !
This marinade is not just for steak. You can use it on a variety of meats and vegetables. However, be careful not to marinate seafood for longer than 30 minutes, as it is already very tender.
Here are some ideas for how to use this marinade:
- Pork: Marinate pork chops, tenderloin, or ribs.
- Poultry: Marinate chicken breasts, thighs, or wings.
- Lamb: Marinate lamb chops or leg of lamb.
- Seafood: Marinate shrimp, scallops, or fish fillets for no more than 30 minutes.
- Vegetables: Marinate zucchini, bell peppers, or mushrooms.
- Roasts: Marinate beef or pork roasts.
With this marinade, you can elevate the flavor of any dish. Give it a try and see for yourself!
Versatility : Ways to Use the Best Steak Marinade :
One of the best things about this marinade is its versatility. Here are some ways to use it:
This marinade is perfect for barbecue meats like steak, chicken, and pork. Simply pour the marinade over the meat and let it sit for at least four hours (or up to eight hours) in the refrigerator. The longer you let it marinate, the more flavorful the meat will be.
You can also use this marinade on roasts like beef or pork. Pour the marinade over the roast and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least four hours (or up to eight hours). Then, cook the roast as desired.
This marinade works great on poultry like chicken and turkey. Pour the marinade over the poultry and let it sit in the refrigerator for at least four hours (or up to eight hours). Then, grill or bake the poultry as desired.
While this marinade is not recommended for long marination times with seafood, it can still be used to add some flavor to shrimp or fish. Simply marinate the seafood for no longer than 30 minutes before cooking.
You can even use this marinade on vegetables like mushrooms or zucchini. However, be careful not to marinate the vegetables for too long, as they can become too soft and mushy. Only marinate them long enough to absorb some flavor.
Give it a try and see how it can elevate the taste of your dishes!
ps: I never bother to make large batches, as this Marinade takes only minutes to make, and it contains all standard, everyday pantry ingredients.
This way I can also make a single batch, double or even more, depending on how much meat we want to cook on a specific day.
I always have to share the recipe with all our family and friends when we have them over for a barbecue or dinner ! Many people refer to this recipe as the best steak marinade for bbq, but it is so much more.
Using this Marinade turns out the meat (whether cooked on the barbecue, oven or pan-fry), tender and juicy, each and every time.
Cooked to perfection and ready to be served
You might also like these recipes:
- Chicken And Chorizo Skewers
- Amarula Cream Sauce for Steak
- Steak Potato and Broccoli Salad
- Marinade Recipes (Meats, Seafood and Vegetables)
- Tequila Lime Steak Enchiladas
Best Steak Marinade In Existence
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil, extra-virgin
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 3 tablespoons Dried Basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Garlic, crushed
- Mix all ingredients
- Pour over meat – refrigerate up to 8 hours turning the marinate container over regularly (I marinate mine for 4 hours)
- Cook meat as desired
- Calories calculated on full recipe - 1 1/2 cups
- Soy Sauce - look for Low Sodium Soy Sauce if you are watching your salt intake
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Batch Serving Size 1 Batch
Amount Per Serving Calories 1155Total Fat 109gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 91gCholesterol 0mgSodium 5345mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 8gSugar 9gProtein 13g
Nutrition value is not always accurate