Bacon and Beef Casserole is a wonderful, hearty meal and with ingredients that play so well together. Quick, easy and very economical !
This Bacon and Beef Casserole is perfect any time of the year. I like to add bacon to other types of meats, as in today’s recipe, with ground beef, but I also add it to some of my chicken dishes.
I love this recipe, because it is quick, easy and no strange ingredients, but turns out delicious.
We have this quite often, in fact, it is one of hubby’s favorite meals to put together when he is cooking.
The pasta might seem little, but it is more than enough to make this a hearty and filling meal. You can feed six people (adult sized) easily, without even needing to add a salad or vegetable side dish.
However, I do always prefer a crunchy side salad with meals like this one. Just a quick Greek salad, or a simple lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion will do.
And I have to mention that we just about never have any leftovers ! If there should be leftovers, it makes a wonderful lunch for the next day.
More Dinner recipes you might like:
- Amish Country Casserole
- Popular Ground Beef Recipes
- Tequila Lime Steak Enchiladas
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir-Fry
- Chicken Cacciatore (Dump and Bake)
Beef and Bacon Casserole
- 250 g Bacon Bits ( 8 oz )
- 2 Onions, sliced into rings or chopped
- 675 g Lean Ground Beef ( 1 1/2 pounds )
- 1 can (410 g) Creamed Corn (Sweetcorn) - 14 oz can
- 1 can (410 g) Cream of Tomato Soup (not condensed type) - 14 oz can
- 1 t Sugar
- 250 g Pasta, cooked and drained (your choice) - 8 oz
- Salt and Pepper, to taste (optional)
- Parsley, to garnish
- Grated Cheddar, to serve (optional)
- Fry the Bacon bits until almost done – add the Onions and stir-fry until the Bacon is done and the Onions are golden
- Add the Ground Beef and fry, stirring regularly, until done
- Add the Corn, Soup and Sugar – bring to the boil and turn down the heat – simmer for 5 – 8 minutes
- Combine the cooked Pasta and the Meat mixture – season with Salt and Pepper (if necessary) and heat through
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of Parsley and Cheddar, if using
Nutrition InformationYield 6
Amount Per Serving Calories 619Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 10gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 114mgCarbohydrates 41gFiber 6gSugar 6gProtein 50g
Nutrition value is not always accurate