Quick Italian Meatball Soup is the perfect, filling soup with delicious meatballs for a busy, cold chilly night
If you have been following With A Blast for a while now, you should know that we love meatballs served in every imaginable way. This very quick Italian Meatball Soup is one of the favorites in our house.
As I have mentioned before, I loathe spending time in my kitchen when it is cold as my kitchen is quite large with openings into the laundry. A breakfast counter running over into the passage, another entrance into the passage as well as an entrance into the dining room.
That is a lot of openings and entrances without any doors to lock in the heat, hence my preference to quick and easy recipes when it is cold.
This quick Italian Meatball soup is hearty, thick and just spicy enough for everyone to enjoy. I do add canned Tomatoes, but you can use fresh Tomatoes in place of the can of Chopped Tomatoes.
Unless you know the ingredients in the canned Italian Tomatoes, I would stick to the canned.
I only add a little bit of Quinoa to thicken the soup slightly. You can use more if you’d like to, but take care that your soup does not turn into a stew. Which might also not be bad, by the way!
Served with the freshest, crustiest bread you can find – or bake – this is a dinner perfect for those chilly nights.
Quick Italian Meatball Soup
- 8 Beef Sausages
- 4 TB Olive Oil divided
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 2 t Fresh Garlic crushed
- 1 can (410g) Italian-Style Tomatoes
- 1 can (410g) Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 t Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 TB Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 2 TB Quinoa rinsed
- 3 TB Parsley chopped
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Baby Arugula optional
- Remove the meat from the Sausage casings – form 3 meatballs from each Sausage
- Heat 2 tablespoons Olive Oil in a pan – brown the Meatballs and set aside
- In a large saucepan, heat the remaining Olive Oil – saute the Onion and Garlic until soft
- Add both cans of Tomatoes, Worcestershire Sauce, Brown Sugar, Beef Stock and the Quinoa
- Bring to the boil and add the browned Meatballs – lower the heat, cover and simmer 25 – 30 minutes or until the Meatballs are cooked through – stir in the Parsley
- Season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper
Top with Arugula (if using) and serve with fresh crusty bread.
You Might Also Like: