If you like Mediterranean food – you will LOVE this quick and easy Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta dish. Delicious and also low in fat dinner recipe.
I shared the recipe for this Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta over at my friend, Evelyn’s blog, MY TURN FOR US a few weeks ago, and am sharing it here with you today in case you missed it.
Our family loves all kinds of cuisine but Mediterranean is on the top list. All the dishes are so colorful and bursting with flavor.
Pasta dishes are always a winner in our house but Mediterranean + Shrimp + Pasta =family joy at dinner time !
The juicier the Tomatoes and the fresher the Basil is the only secret here. I always try to get hold of Italian Mini Tomatoes which is not only juicy, but sweeter than other kinds of baby Tomatoes as well.
You might notice that I have a heavy hand with the Feta. Feel free to use less (or more if you so wish!). Simple reason for that, we are addicted to cheese, any kind and the more the better.
More Shrimp recipes you might like:
- Shrimp Springrolls
- Creamy Shrimp Tortellini Soup
- Shrimp Avocado Pasta Salad
- Sweet and Sour Shrimp Fried Rice
- Shrimp Salad with Spicy Watermelon Salsa
Connect with us :
Mediterranean Shrimp Pasta
- 1 TB Light Olive Oil
- 2 t Garlic, crushed
- 500 g Medium Shrimp, peeled and deveined ( 16 oz )
- 2 cups Italian Tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup Basil, fresh, chopped
- 1/3 cup Kalamata Black Olives, chopped
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 350 g Angel Hair Pasta, cooked (raw weight) ( 9 oz )
- 1/4 cup Low-Fat Feta Cheese, crumbled/cubed
- Heat the Olive Oil and saute the Garlic 1 minute – add the Shrimp and cook 3 minutes or until pink
- Add the Tomatoes and Basil – cook another 3 minutes until the Tomatoes are just tender
- Remove from the heat – stir in the Olives and season with Black Pepper
- Combine the Pasta and the Shrimp – toss well and sprinkle with Feta Cheese
Serving Size1 Adult size
Amount Per Serving Calories 428.8Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1.3gUnsaturated Fat 4.2gCarbohydrates 28gFiber 3gSugar 3.9gProtein 34.7g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Sprinkle with the Feta Cheese and serve immediately. Add some more Black Pepper if you prefer.