Must try 25 minute Chicken dinner recipe ! This Fresh Citrus Chicken is bursting with flavor and loved by everyone from all ages !
Fresh Citrus Chicken is such a delightful chicken dinner, bursting with citrus flavor. Not to mention the health benefits of the added fresh Citrus !
This is another quick and easy recipe. Only a hint of spiciness from the Garlic and Ginger paste, just enough to enhance all the ingredients’ flavors.
The rice actually took longer than the dish itself, and I cook my rice in a rice-cooker which is very quick !
Oranges, and most all other citrus fruits, are high on our list when I do the weekly fresh fruit and vegetable shopping.
We have an awesome market store close to us and they have just about everything a cook needs. With some convenience foods, as in already prepped vegetables, soup mixes and much more, it is no wonder we love shopping there.
The freshly squeezed Lemon juice and the Orange segments work so well with the Chicken, even my kids love this dish, as they did since they were little.
If need be, the recipe can easily be doubled, tripled or more if you have a crowd to feed !
More Chicken recipes you might like:
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Salad Dressing Sticky Chicken
- Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir-Fry
- Butter Chicken Bunny Chow
- Asian Chicken Meatballs
Next time you need to have dinner on the table in a flash – try this, you won’t be disappointed !
Fresh Citrus Chicken
- 1/2 cup Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 1/4 cup Thick Soy Sauce (plain or gluten-free )
- 4 Chicken Fillets, cut into strips and placed in a bowl
- 2 TB Oil, for frying
- Salt, to taste
- 8 Spring Onions, chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 t Garlic and Ginger Paste
- 3 Oranges, peeled and cut into segments
- Combine the Lemon Juice, Caster Sugar and Soy Sauce – pour over the Chicken strips – stir to cover all the pieces
- Heat the Oil – remove the Chicken from the bowl (retain the sauce) and stir-fry until done – season lightly with Salt
- Add the Spring Onions, Green Bell Pepper and the Garlic and Ginger Paste – stir-fry about 3 minutes until the vegetables are a little softer but still crunchy
- Stir in the retained sauce and the Orange segments – heat through (about 2 minutes)
Amount Per Serving Calories 713Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 3gUnsaturated Fat 13gCarbohydrates 45gFiber 4gSugar 36gProtein 90g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve over rice or pasta with a crunchy side salad.