Crustless Pineapple Pie is quick, easy and delicious ~ seconds are always requested when I serve this mix and bake pie !
One of my biggest pet peeves concerning Pies are the making of the crusts. I like things easy, especially when I am in a hurry and this Crustless Pineapple Pie is ideal for any busy cook.
All you need is a couple of minutes to mix and pour the batter into the Pie dish and in it goes to the oven. Usually I need to wait for the oven to pre-heat, that is how quick the ingredients are to mix up !
Take note that the Pineapple must be drained as best you can get it. I pour the Pineapple into a very fine, almost sieve-like, colander and press the liquid out as much as I can.
You can always keep the liquid, juice or syrup, to use in drinks or to flavor a batch of Pineapple muffins.
No additional Salt is needed as the Pancake mixture contains enough Salt. You can also use any Pancake Mix, store-bought or homemade, in this recipe.
Both works very well, although I do have a favorite brand, Snowflake Easymix- Pancake Mixture, which I just about always have on hand.
Some of the Pineapple will drop down to the bottom. But the batter mixture keeps all the ingredients nicely together. Which makes slicing a breeze – as long as you wait until the Pie has completely cooled !
More Pineapple recipes you might like :
Crustless Pineapple Pie
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 t Vanilla Essence
- 2 cans (440g each) Crushed Pineapple, drained ( 15 oz cans each )
- Whipped Cream, to serve (optional)
- ) Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F) – spray a deep oven pie dish with cooking oil.
- ) Combine the Milk, Sugar, Pancake Mix, Butter, Eggs and Vanilla Essence in a medium mixing bowl – beat until smooth – stir in the drained Pineapple.
- ) Pour into the prepared oven dish and bake 45 minutes – cover with aluminum foil (to prevent too much browning) , increase the oven heat to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – bake a further 10 minutes or until the center of the pie is set – remove from the oven and leave to cool and set completely
- ) Serve with whipped cream (optional)
Amount Per Serving Calories 242.8Total Fat 8.6gSaturated Fat 4.8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3.8gCholesterol 66.6mgSodium 247.1mgCarbohydrates 37.5gFiber 0.8gSugar 16.8gProtein 4.6g