A large batch of these melt-in-the-mouth Crusted Honey Ice-Cream Bombs keep well in the freezer for weeks. Tastes like fried ice-cream – less trouble !
You can make a large batch of these Crusted Honey Ice-Cream Bombs. Keep them on hand in a sealed container and they will be great in the freezer for weeks.
When I make a large batch, I usually make 24 Ice-Cream Bombs at a time. After the first initial freeze, I wrap each one in wax paper (loosely) and then place them all in a suitable container.
This makes it easy for anyone of us to grab one of these delightful treats whenever we feel like it.
I only heat up the oven when all of us are having these for dessert. One at a time, we put into the microwave for about 10 seconds. Just enough to soften the ice-cream slightly to a little harder than soft serve stage.
The baked crust tastes amazing ! And I have to make extra every time as I can not resist having a spoonful (or three!) right after baking a batch.
The smell of the baking crust is heavenly !
I like to serve these Ice-Cream Bombs in the square muffin cups as it is a very convenient size with some extra room to play around with your dessert.
The cups are also oven and microwave friendly, without heating up itself, which might result in a too hot to handle by hand serving dish.
Take note that these go into the oven for only a minute or so and 10 seconds at most in the microwave. Leave it longer and you will have a small bowl of melted crust and ice-cream all mixed up.
On a very hot day, you could really skip any heating up of the Ice-Cream Bombs as it will go softer within minutes (the crust would not be warm though, which it would be when heating).
More Sweet Treat recipes you might like:
- Easy Berry Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- Mascarpone Filled Mini Pancake Stacks
- Waffle S’mores For Dessert
- Homemade Ferrero Rocher
- Krispie Peanut Butter Balls
Connect with us :
Crusted Honey Ice-Cream Bombs
- 8 Scoops Vanilla Ice-Cream (about 1/4 cup each)
- 2 1/2 cups Corn Flakes Cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar (Superfine Sugar)
- 2 TB Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 t Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 deg C (400 deg F) – line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Place the Ice-Cream balls on a lined baking sheet and freeze until rock hard
- Combine the Corn Flakes, Caster Sugar, Butter and Cinnamon in a mixing bowl – spread on the prepared baking sheet – bake 7 – 10 minutes or until golden – remove from the oven and cool completely
- Roll the Ice-Cream balls in the Corn Flake mixture and place in the freezer until ready to use
- When ready to serve – place the Ice-Cream Bombs in a warm oven for only a minute or two to soften the Ice-Cream slightly
- Transfer to serving cups or plates and drizzle with Honey
- Serve immediately
Serving Size1 Ice-Cream Bomb
Amount Per Serving Calories 182.8Total Fat 6.5gSaturated Fat 4gUnsaturated Fat 2.1gCarbohydrates 30.4gFiber 0.7gSugar 22.7gProtein 1.8g
Nutrition value is not always accurate