Chicken and Pineapple Rice Salad is an all-in-one healthy meal ! Tender, juicy Chicken with Pineapple and Vegetables on a bed of Rice and Baby Greens
This Chicken and Pineapple Rice Salad is a complete meal and you do not need to add anything, not even a dinner roll.
Serve the salad for lunch or dinner. Whichever you choose, keep in mind that this is a very filling salad.
Therefore I always serve either a smaller lunch or a smaller sized dinner, depending on when I serve this delicious salad.
You must be curious to know where the rice is, it is after all a Rice Salad ! The rice is at the bottom of all the juicy ingredients and whilst it is standing, all those flavors mingle in with the rice.
I think we covered just about all the food groups in the Chicken and Pineapple Rice Salad – starch, fruit, vegetables, meat, nuts, herbs, oil (fats)…
Oh, yes, and finally in the photo above you can see the Rice.
This is such a colorful salad and being one of our favorites of all time, it is most delicious as well.
Should I put it this way – your tongue will taste what your eyes have already eaten ? Yes, that sounds about right.
An absolutely fantastic salad and if you have any rotisserie chicken left from last night’s dinner, use that and save even more time in prepping.
More Salad recipes you might like as a light dinner or lunch:
- Balsamic Roasted Pork and Berry Salad
- Asian Pork Tenderloin and Pineapple Salad
- Shrimp Salad with Spicy Watermelon Salsa
- Bacon Tomato Pasta Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Steak Potato And Broccoli Salad
Connect with us :
Chicken and Pineapple Rice Salad
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, Juice (approx 1/4 cup) and Zest finely grated
- 2 t Tahini Paste
- 2 TB Honey
- 1 t Garlic, crushed
- 2 TB Basil, fresh, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Brown Rice (uncooked quantity)
- 4 Chicken Fillets (each about 150 gr / 5 oz )
- Salt and Black Pepper, taste
- 1 1/2 cups Pineapple, cubed
- 1 cup English Cucumber, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 2 – 3 Spring Onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- 1/2 cup Mixed Roasted and Salted Macadamia and Cashew Nuts
- 2 Handfuls Baby Greens
- DRESSING: Whisk together the ingredients for the Dressing and set aside
- RICE: Cook the Rice according to the packet’s instructions – let cool
- CHICKEN: Season the Chicken to taste with Salt and Pepper – cook on the barbecue, George Foreman grill, griddle pan or steam – remove from heat, use a little of the Dressing and brush over the warm Chicken – set aside to cool
- SALAD: Scoop the cooked Rice onto one half of a large serving plate (or individual plates) – arrange the Baby Greens on the other half
- Toss together the Pineapple, Cucumber, Red Bell Pepper and Spring Onions – scoop over the Rice and sprinkle over the Nuts
- Arrange the Chicken on the Baby Greens - serve
Serving Size1 Adult sized portion
Amount Per Serving Calories 538Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 5gUnsaturated Fat 29gCarbohydrates 42gFiber 5gSugar 15.8gProtein 37.1g
Nutrition value is not always accurate
Serve with the remaining Dressing on the side and extra Black Pepper.